Wellness Specialist Internship - Fall 2018
Wellness Specialist Internship Fall 2018
“We make magic” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
We are….Wellness Strategy and Integration, overseeing the wellness strategy for Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Cast Members, Crew Members and Imagineers. The Wellness Strategy team is responsible for deploying the overall wellness strategy for Walt Disney Parks and Reports as determined by our Corporate Benefits team. The Wellness Specialist will support the overall WDPR Wellness Program and will work with internal Disney partners and external contracted vendors to deploy the developed strategy and project deliverables.
ResponsibilitiesMake an impact by…
- Supporting the implementation of wellness programming
- Providing project management and implementation for identified wellness events
- Conducting or supporting presentations, wellness fairs and expos
- Assisting with Cast Fitness programming and events
Basic QualificationsWhat you Bring to the Role…
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Strong oral, written, and presentation communications skills
- Ability to work independently in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals in a variety of roles and job levels
- Knowledge or Microsoft Office Suite programs (including Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Proven self-starter with the ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction
- Bi-lingual in Spanish
- Graphic design experience (InDesign and/or Photoshop)
- Pursuing a degree in Health Education, Health Promotion or closely related field
The Walt Disney Company is a global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is in the required title format: FirstNameLastNameType (i.e. MickeyMouseTranscript)
Select document type
If you experience any difficulty with uploading documents, please e-mail WDPR.Professional.Interns@disney.com
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR have graduated from college within the past six months OR be currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through January 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.