VP, Walt Disney World Security
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
We are seeking a seasoned leader to serve as Vice President of Security for Walt Disney World. Located in Orlando, Florida, the Walt Disney World Resort features four theme parks, twenty eight Disney owned and operated hotels with more than 30,000 rooms, two water parks, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and Disney Springs, a dining shopping and entertainment complex.
The Vice President will lead and inspire an innovative world-class security organization responsible for the security of millions of guests, 70,000 cast members, company assets and our company’s long standing reputation of excellence in family entertainment in the hospitality industry. He/she will lead all security strategy, planning and operations for the Walt Disney World site including crisis management, K-9 operations and investigations.
The Vice President will dual report to the Vice President of Security for Walt Disney Parks and Resorts and Information Management and the President, Walt Disney World.
- Lead, coach and develop a team of over 2,000 cast members including security operations, park entrance screening, K-9 operations, investigations, and crisis management.
- Understand the business, its culture and challenges, and partner with others to identify opportunities to reduce risk and ensure efficient and effective security measures are in place, while providing the best in guest services.
- Create, integrate, and sustain consistent and standard security processes, practices, and supporting policies to respond to incidents while limiting exposure and liability in the areas of information, financial, physical, personal, and reputational security matters.
- Lead crisis management, threat and vulnerability assessment, risk mitigation, investigations, and emerging intelligence trend analysis for the overall resort.
- Research and deploy state-of-the art technology solutions and innovative management practices to augment human and material resources necessary to safeguard the business operations and company assets.
- Develop and maintain meaningful relationships with senior level officials in the local law enforcement and public safety communities by active engagement and supporting local agency activities
- Interact successfully with all levels of the Company and function as the internal expert on the overall Walt Disney World site physical security and investigative matters.
- Contribute to the overall Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Security effectiveness by sharing best practices and collaboration.
- Partner closely with internal and external partners to limit unnecessary media exposure and negative impact on the brand.
- Develop organizational security awareness as appropriate for the business and culture of the company.
- Develop and manage the annual operating plan budget, create business justifications for capital project expenditures, and establish metrics to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of the security operation.
- Minimum of 15 years security related leadership experience and demonstrated record of success in roles of increasing responsibility within a private or public sector security organization
- Proven experience leading and managing physical security to include threat vulnerability assessments, mitigations strategies, major event planning, executive protection, and violence in the workplace.
- Proven experience in developing and leading a talented and diverse leadership team composed of executives and leaders of leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to focus, motivate and inspire a large security operational team of security professionals.
- Demonstrated record of partnering, developing relationships and building consensus within a diverse organizational climate.
- Ability to anticipate, influence and assist the organization to assess and rapidly adapt to changing conditions, relative to emerging trends and threats in a multi-cultural environment
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze and evaluate large volumes of information and to communicate accurate and timely recommendations on business and security related issues.
- Proven blend of business acumen, independent judgment, strategic vision, technical expertise and hands-on leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with honesty, directness and candor within all levels of an organization, including briefing executive management and operating teams within a matrix environment on a host of security related issues.
- Demonstrated diplomatic style to effectively balance security practices while providing the best in guest services
- Strong financial acumen and ability to identify risks and alternative risk control techniques, ensuring a more secure environment with long term return on an investment.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and decision making skills with the ability to navigate in an environment of constant change
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with internal public affairs, legal and governmental affairs partners on matters of mutual interest
- Familiarity/experience with local law enforcement agencies in Central Florida
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice or related field
Additional Information©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.