“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Vice President of Project Management is responsible for leading and directing the day to day efforts of a team of high-performing project managers. He or she will, work with stakeholders using both formal and informal communications channels to understand their issues, help them identify areas and opportunities for improvement, then organize, govern and facilitate the creation and maintenance of improvement plans (requests, pipeline, decisions, actions and work-in-progress). Contribute to the continuous development of standards and frameworks related to the Project Management Office. Develop and enhance the Service Operations to improve the content and accuracy of reports to senior management and stakeholders in order to help guide future strategic decisions.
The ideal candidate will play an active role on our journey of agile | lean project management, through skill and knowledge of the project management function, to ensure outcome driven value for our Members and Cast Members. He or she should have the ability to migrate project implementations from a process driven approach to a critical thinking approach that seeks to leverage methodologies (waterfall and agile) and artifacts that balance rapid time to market, improved business value and project risk. This position will be instrumental in planning, executing and forwarding the Agile methodology and shared services environment.
As Vice President, this role will provide oversight and direction to the assigned case in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures. Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including hiring, overseeing new employee onboarding, succession planning and providing career development planning and opportunities. Empower cast to take responsibility for their jobs and goals and expect accountability and regular feedback. Foster a spirit of teamwork and consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organizations and that emphasizes the identified mission, vision, guiding principles and values of the organization.
- Analyze current state processes within the PMO and recommend / implement policies, processes, measures and reporting.
- Ensure documentation is prepped for and facilitate PMO Governance Meetings
- Undertake planning activities across the Capital Investment, Capacity and Availability Management domains to deliver on evolving organization priorities
- Analyze | Manage holistic resource requirements, forecasting, and planning to ensure internal and external projects run efficiently
- Initiate and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders at peer and senior levels
- Manage the tracking and reporting on project portfolio performance (Agile and Waterfall), providing real-time, comprehensive, error free, and prioritized view of all projects along with key metrics to influence changes as needed
- Develop strategic and integrated plans for program and projects in the portfolio
- Ensure effective stakeholder engagement and communications to include keeping executives aware of any red flags concerning timing or process
- Assist with report preparation for monthly Board of Director’s Meetings
- Manage team of Project Managers and Manager, Project Management. Responsible for culture, coaching, capability development, performance management, etc.
- Experience managing multiple projects on a large scale ($2 Mil + in budget) containing multiple lines of implementation stakeholders (Development teams, 3rd party software vendors, etc.)
- Experience reporting, building presentations and project status reports appropriate for varying levels of communication.
- Ability to work with technical teams and lead discussions around system implementation details.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types.
- Facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and post-mortems.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, organization, and time management skills
- Collaborative approach to decision-making on teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Experience with producing Key Performance Indicators and metric reporting including industry standard and best practice information
- Worked on large scale Technology programs
- Sound knowledge of project planning, budgeting and cost control
- Financial literacy to forecast and manage project budgets
- A sound understanding of the SDLC
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 PSA or other Enterprise level PPM tools.
- Excellent analytical and communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Skills in compiling and analyzing large amounts of data from several sources.
- Proven and effective relationship building skills.
- Effective Conflict Management skills.
- Documented experience with methodology and process related to PMO processes.
- Advanced aptitude and business acumen.
- People management experience of being a direct first level manager
- Ability to function in a dynamic, high pressure, fast paced environment
- Ability to be "flexible" with processes
- Agile delivery experience
- Demonstrated hands-on expertise in Microsoft Office productivity tools and Apple tools
- Interpersonal skills and influence tactics
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in roles and processes that are not clearly defined, constantly evolving and broad through self-reliance and resourcefulness
- Proven ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities, time management for self and team
- Demonstrated business savvy and confidence to interface with all levels of Cast
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated exceptional relationship and partnering skills while leveraging resources appropriately
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to occasionally work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
- PMI | PMP (Project Management Professional)
- CSM (Certified Scrum Master)
- Experience managing projects integrated with the SDLC
- 10+ years of Technical Project Management Experience
- 7+ Years of Project Budget Management & Forecasting
- CSPO (Certified Scrum Product Owner)
- PMI | PfMP (Portfolio Management Professional)
- PMI | ACP (Agile Certified Practioner)
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Proficiency with Microsoft Dynamics 365 PSA
- 7+ Years Credit Union or Financial Industry Experience – PM
- Familiarity with various related operating, improvement and compliance frameworks such as ITIL, Six Sigma, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Post-Graduate Degree
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Partners Federal Credit Union is a full-service financial institution serving the financial needs of its Members worldwide. Sponsored by The Walt Disney Company, Partners enjoys outstanding strength and stability and always with an exclusive connection to The Walt Disney Company that ensures a level of quality unsurpassed in banking. Partners is truly Cast Members serving Cast Members.