Transportation Bus Driver- Part Time - $500 Hiring Bonus
Whisking guests off to their next magical destination is just one of the many benefits of being a Transit Bus Driver/Operator at Walt Disney World® Resort. With over 400 transit buses and 25,000 acres to cover (that’s approximately the size of San Francisco!), cast members in Transit Bus Operations drive multiple routes across property every day. Bus Drivers play the important role of transporting our guests from reality to fantasy both safely and efficiently.
As a Walt Disney World Resort Bus Driver, you will…
- Create wonderful experiences for vacationing guests.
- Welcome and interact with guests as there is no fare collection.
- Drive the latest models of well-maintained transit and articulated buses.
- Not worry about the Florida heat as all buses are air conditioned.
- Focus on the safety of our guests as they travel throughout our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels.
- Be in the know with schedules posted at least two weeks in advance.
- Opportunities for extended hours
- Enjoy the magic yourself through a variety of Disney Benefits.
Is a Commercial Driver License Required to Apply?
A Commercial Driver License (CDL) is not necessary to be considered for the Bus Driver role, although candidates must obtain/possess a valid Florida driver license to begin the CDL process. The new hire will receive paid training to obtain their CDL and the cost of the CDL will be covered by the company.
Bus Drivers receive a starting rate of $12.65/hour.
$500 New Hire Bonus Incentive
To be eligible for the sign-on bonus, cast members must be in the position continuously for at least 30 days after hire and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at time of payment. A cast member is hired after the successful completion of Disney Traditions or one full day of employment. To be eligible for an incentive bonus after 90 days, cast members must remain employed in the position continuously for at least 90 days and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at the time of payment. Payments will be made approximately two weeks after the 30 and 90-day milestones, respectively. Bonus payments are subject to applicable taxes and other legal withholding. Disputes concerning eligibility to a bonus payment shall be resolved by Walt Disney World Recruitment in its sole and absolute discretion. The incentives offered herein are subject to change at any time, with or without notice.
- Driving multiple routes, based on guest demand, across the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Answer guest questions, spiel stops and safety information over a microphone.
- Operate a disabled lift to assist guests utilizing wheelchairs to gain access to the bus.
- Conduct vehicle inspections and ensure the safety of our guests and cast members.
- A Commercial Driver License (CDL) is not necessary to apply for the Bus Driver role, but will be required if hired into the role.
- Interested Candidates must have a valid driver license, and have possessed a driver license for at least 5 years to be considered.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role.
- You must have no moving violations for the past twelve (12) months.
- This role is Part-Time and requires full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of THREE (3) days per week, including nights and holidays.
- Bilingual preferred.
Company Overview At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world. Additional InformationSCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.
KEYWORD: WDW Casting, wdwcasting