Technology Project Management Intern - Orlando, Summer 2018
At Disney, we are storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Walt Disney Parks & Resort (WDP&R) Technology team combines custom technology solutions with creativity to produce robust applications that enhance all aspects of the guest experience. From one of the most sophisticated hotel reservation systems in the world to Disney Cruise Line shipboard systems, Disney Vacation Club member services, FastPass ticketing, PhotoPass, and even inventory applications to ensure we have the right number of cast costumes. WDP&R Technology seeks forward-thinking team members who are passionate about delivering a quality product and enjoy working closely with business partners on both strategic and tactical challenges. ResponsibilitiesWith The Walt Disney Attractions Technology group, this intern will help with process development and implementation in our evolving organization. The Project Management Intern will assist Project Managers with planning, budget and overseeing all aspects of technology projects.
- Assist Project Managers and leadership in identifying and documenting best practices in an evolving centralized Project Management Office team.
- Collaborate with Project Managers to work closely with the benefitting line of business to make sure that the scope and direction of each technical project is on schedule, as well as work with other stakeholders for support.
- Have direct responsibility for assigned tasks designed to enhance the functions and services provided by the Project Management Office. This might include benchmarking best practices, investigating available tools, making recommendations on process and procedures, etc.
- Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Process Documentation (process flow charting)
- Knowledge of project management process / PMI teachings
- Ability to interview others and acquire information regarding specific topics
Preferred QualificationsExperience with VersionOne, ALM, SharePoint, Confluence and/or Microsoft Project Required Education
Junior, Senior, Graduate Level student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, Project Management or related field.Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
· Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
· Must possess unrestricted work authorization
· Must provide full work availability
· Must provide own transportation to/from work
· Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are May - August 2018.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: a limited amount of company sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. If company sponsored housing is not available, the intern must be willing to provide their own housing for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.