Sr Electrical Engineer
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The SR Electrical / Controls position is responsible for supporting partner organizations to deliver a world class experience for our guests and cast.
The project portfolio of projects can consist of designing or modifying ride control systems, troubleshooting network systems, supporting animation/show upgrades, software upgrades, new equipment installations, data analysis and various mass transport related projects.
This role requires excellent communication skills and the ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams to meet various customer demands.
- The SR Electrical / Controls position is responsible for mentoring junior staff through engineering and design analysis, technical training, understanding and complying with WDC and Industry standards, as well as communicating with peers and partners.
- This position requires a candidate that is extremely flexible with their work schedule and available to support issues on weekends and holidays.
- Minimum Seven (7) years proven experience in the electrical design of large conveyance systems, automotive assemblies, attraction ride systems, assembly lines or robotic systems.
- Demonstrated, timely, field troubleshooting experience including solution development and implementation in the industrial controls, automation, automotive, mechanical systems or transportation industries.
- Demonstrated experience with open and closed loop feedback control systems, programmable logic controllers (PLC’s), relay logic, electric motors (AC and DC) and motor controllers (variable frequency, DC, stepper and servo drives), power conditioning and distributed control networks (e.g. ControlNet)
- Proven knowledge of National Electrical Code, NFPA 79 and UL 508A codes and standards.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, occasional 2nd or 3rd shifts and immediate response coverage.
- Demonstrated experience leading technical groups and multidiscipline teams.
- Proven record of strong leadership and partnering skills with good coaching abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in AutoCad or SolidWorks.
- Demonstrated proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Proven experience using Splunk data analysis software.
- Experience completing Hazard Analysis and DFMEA’s.
- Experience completing and leading teams through fault tree analysis, fish bone diagrams, or other troubleshooting techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in ride and show control systems including safety critical applications for the entertainment industry.
- Demonstrated experience with software programming including ladder logic (A-B or Siemens) and C environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PC and Network systems including: hardware, switches/routers, wireless, cabling/fiber communication, IP configuration, network security and general troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of audio and video systems including: amps/mixers, microphones, digital audio, cameras, projectors video servers and displays.
- Minimum three (3) years proven experience with Disney design standards and ASTM F24.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Sciences, or Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited college or University.
- Masters of Science degree in Engineering, Engineering Management, Sciences or Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited college or University.
- Active Professional Engineering license in the State of Florida
Additional Information©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.