At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
This role is responsible for providing Architectural support and technical expertise to multiple stakeholders at the Walt Disney World Resort. This position will primarily be focused on leading multi-discipline facility interior and exterior renovation designs. The Senior Architect is responsible for the preparation of multi-discipline designs and construction documents for projects of varying size. It also focuses on the hiring and management of multiple consulting A/E firms to provide construction documents for specific projects, as well as managing the construction administration services provided by the A/E firms during implementation in the field. In addition, this role will oversee the work of associate architects on similar projects. Many of the projects will involve investigation and design of building envelope systems, including all components of roofs and walls.
- Manage multiple projects that are part of a larger program of work, each in different phases and with different A/E teams and groups of stakeholders.
- Review existing project conditions, research legacy documents and drawings, evaluate constraints and risks throughout the life of a project.
- Perform field investigation of existing conditions while the property is not open to guests to minimize operation impact.
- Participate in design planning and programing with internal and external partners.
- Lead project teams to identify root cause of problem and develop design alternatives as required to support the project requirements set forth by stakeholders.
- Prepare design drawings, calculations and specifications to meet the requirements of assigned projects.
- Provide architectural technical expertise, suggested priorities for the resolution of facility architectural problems.
- Manage the design process, including coordinating technical review of all discipline work, scheduling design reviews with all project stakeholders, and reporting on design progress to project management team.
- Ensure conformance of designs to local codes, Disney’s Master Specifications and Design Standards of Practice.
- Clearly communicate requirements and expectations to A/E teams for each deliverable.
- Participate in the construction bidding process, including attendance at pre-bid meetings and walks, processing of pre-bid RFI’s, and review of Contractor proposals.
- Co-ordinate field Construction Administration efforts for all projects, including providing representation in the field at project meetings and walks, processing RFI’s and submittals from the contractor, and scheduling project walks with the A/E team.
- Procure and manage services of A/E consultants as extension of design team.
- Development of RFP’s (Request for Proposals), evaluate consultant proposals for completeness and make recommendations to award design contracts.
- Manage the budget and schedule of design team for each of the projects assigned to lead.
- Ensure that project delivery expectations are met and complete turnover documentation process at the completion of the project.
- Maintain organized record of project and its history.
- Direct and oversee the work of interns, designers and/or Architects assigned to be part of the project team.
- May act as AOR on projects when self-performed.
- Provide timely and effective communication to management and resort partners.
- Registered Architect in the State of Florida, with a minimum of 5 years of post-licensure experience in the field of architecture.
- Experience in Architectural Design with focus on building facilities (Interior and Exterior commercial and/or Hospitality)
- Broad knowledge of the facility, show and area development design disciplines, including unique requirements of design integration and preparation of construction documents.
- Broad knowledge of CAD
- Broad knowledge of BIM design technology and its unique management requirements. (Revit, Navisworks, Recap)
- Broad knowledge in development of specifications and use of BSD.
- Experience leading/mentoring Junior Architects
- 7 to 10 years of experience as a registered architect.
- Experience with theme park/resort renovation work.
- Lifecycle management of assets in BIM environment.
- Specialty Certifications (Roofing, Inspectors, Sustainability, etc)
- Five Year Bachelor of Architecture (professional) degree, from a program accredited by NAAB.
- Master of Architecture degree, from a program accredited by NAAB.
Additional Information©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity