Sports Guest Operations Internship - Fall 2018
ESPN Wide World of Sports Guest Operations Internship - Fall 2018
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Guest Operations overseeing the end to end Guest experience at ESPN Wide World of Sports and leading 300+ hourly Cast Members all working to support the flow and implementation of various events. Our team directly impacts the Guest experience through interaction in a fun and exhilarating environment with young and professional athletes alike.
ResponsibilitiesMake an impact by.......
- Partnering with cross-functional business unit teams to effectively monitor the overall operation of the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
- Supporting operational efforts including parking, courtesy and equipment carts, park entry, ushers and crowd control
- Leading and working sporting events which may include: AAU Basketball/Volleyball, Pop Warner Super Bowl, Atlanta Braves Spring Training, and runDisney Expos
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring....
- Strong level of partnership and problem solving skills
- Previous experience with Sports Venues and/or Recreational Facilities
- Ability to lead in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Junior, senior, recent graduate or graduate student pursuing a degree in Sport Management or related field
- Current valid U.S. driver’s license
- Operating a company vehicle is required for this role. Candidate must be willing and able to operate a company vehicle under inclement weather, including minimal lighting
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule, including days, nights, and holidays
- Minimum 3.0 Overall G.P.A
Company Overview The Walt Disney Company is a global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world. Additional InformationRequired Materials:
- Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
- Cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is in the required title format: FirstNameLastNameType (i.e. MickeyMouseTranscript)
Select document type
If you experience any difficulty with uploading documents, please e-mail WDPR.Professional.Interns@disney.com
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR have graduated from college within the past six months OR be currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through January 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.