Sports Business Development Internship - Fall 2018
ESPN Wide World of Sports - Sports Business Development Internship - Fall 2018
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
From negotiation, market analysis and relationships across the Sports industry, Sports Business Development is focused on short- and long-term planning for new business ventures at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. The team focuses on forging new relationships and identifying strategic opportunities for new events, partnerships and media or programming opportunities at the Walt Disney World-based sports facility.
ResponsibilitiesMake an impact by…
- Identifying new trends and insights in the sports industry to form strategic recommendations supporting ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
- Developing and cultivating new relationships with potential clients that could lead to new business opportunities.
- Working with partners at ESPN in programming, marketing, research, production and more to bring more ESPN experiences to life at the facility.
- Researching, synthesizing trends, and benchmarking information from both internal and external sources for distribution to sports leadership.
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring to this role…
- Ability to quickly assess business models and work with cross-functional teams
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to represent the Disney and ESPN brands to external clients
- Knowledge of the sports industry, from either a media consumption, business or events standpoint
- Ability to develop clear and concise thoughts into recommendations and presentations
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Recent graduate (undergrad or graduate) or graduate student pursuing a Master’s degree in General Business (e.g. Marketing, Finance, etc.), Communications or Sports Management
- Demonstrated proficiency in PowerPoint/Keynote and Excel
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Current valid U.S. driver’s license
- Operating a company vehicle is required for this role. Candidate must be willing and able to operate a company vehicle under inclement weather, including minimal lighting
The Walt Disney Company is a global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationRequired Materials:
- Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
- Cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest
- College transcripts (official or unofficial)
To upload these documents:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: First Name, Last Name, Type (i.e. Mickey Mouse, Transcripts or Mickey Mouse Cover Letter)
- Select document type of “Other”
If you experience any difficulty with uploading documents, please e-mail WDPR.Professional.Interns@disney.com
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR have graduated from college within the past six months OR be currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must have reliable transportation to get to and from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Dates: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through January 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.