Senior Structural Engineer
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The successful candidate will assist the structural engineering department with the preparation of structural drawings as part of departmental and multidiscipline efforts. Structural drawings will be prepared using Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD software. Job requires close collaboration with engineers and architects, as well as clients and stakeholders from a diverse group of business units.
- Proficient with the design and detailing of buildings and structures utilizing structural steel, reinforced concrete, timber and reinforced masonry. 7 – 10 years of experience
- Proficient knowledge of Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD, Microsoft Office products, and drafting standards including plan and detail preparation. 7 – 10 years of experience
- Responsibilities of this position include the structural design and production of construction documents, condition surveys and associated field support to repair, renovate and modify existing facilities.
- Also, review submittals, perform field visits and respond to RFI's during construction phases of projects.
- Additional responsibilities may include the peer review of work performed by others for moderate to complex facility structures; mentoring less experienced engineers and designers; and developing and managing scopes, budgets and schedules for departmental and multidiscipline projects.
- Must be a detail-oriented and independent worker with strong organizational skills and an ability to work with others in a fast-paced production environment.
- Professional Engineer (PE) License in Florida or other state with the ability to obtain Florida licensure within 4 months.
- Proficient with the design and detailing of buildings and structures utilizing structural steel, reinforced concrete, timber and reinforced masonry.
- Proficient knowledge of Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD, Microsoft Office products, and drafting standards including plan and detail preparation.
- Experience designing aluminum and light gauge framing and demonstrated knowledge of OSHA and ANSI Fall Protection requirements. Proficiency with RISA 3D, EnerCalc, and MathCAD. Experience using Bluebeam or other .pdf software.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited institution
Additional Information©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.