Senior Software Engineer - Logistics Systems
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for design, development, maintenance, administration, and support activities of moderate complexity, including custom-developed, packaged software and associated configuration in the Logistics Systems arena. This role will ensure 24/7 operational support and maintenance of systems, including monitoring and maintaining software as well as participating in day-to-day operations. This role will partner with the business and other technology teams to conceive, design and develop solutions to enhance/optimize business capabilities. The Sr. Software Engineer will work under minimal supervision in partnership with fellow technologists and business partners. They will also monitor ongoing maintenance, enhancements, and automation of software. Responsibilities
- Conducts or leads others in the day-to-day maintenance and administration of software and configuration updates following established procedures.
- Identifies root causes of operational issues, resolves problems and/or recommends solutions for implementation by others.
- Leads in developing tools, automation, and scripts to facilitate software maintenance, operational efficiency, reliability, and administration.
- Plans and executes software-oriented projects that include business unit initiatives and updates to existing platforms as needed.
- Works with business units to plan for new projects and events impacting the relevant software, including capacity planning, monitoring, configuration, security, metrics, reporting and recovery, and migration strategies.
- Provides research, design, building, testing, and support to software, including support for multiple levels of testing prior to release of new and upgraded software or infrastructure.
- Uses data and metrics to plan for business unit growth needs, plan upgrades, migrations, and functionality.
- Participates in the development of best practices, validation, and adherence.
- Responsible for documentation, communication, and monitoring.
- Participates in the development of large technical solutions that meet specifications and that impact future developments.
- Participates in the development and refinement of standards and best practices for the production environment based on the needs of the supported business units.
- 5 to 8 years of progressively related experience in Systems Engineering and/or software development.
- Tools and middleware including MQ and WebSphere
- Open Source
- Enterprise operating systems (Linux, AIX, Unix)
- Database software (Oracle, PL/SQL)
- Apache Tomcat
- Project management methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar field or related work experience.
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true. Additional InformationThis position is with the legal entity of Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, an equal opportunity employer.