Senior Electrical Engineer
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Sr. Electrical Engineer, will be responsible for providing electrical engineering design and analysis, in addition to directing the efforts of others, in the production of construction contract documents for complex commercial and industrial projects, ensuring technical quality and conformance to budget and schedule requirements. Responsibilities
- Organize and develop project design criteria and engineering work plans for projects of varying complexity.
- Assist in developing project scopes of work, budgets and schedules
- Ensure conformance to department standards and procedures
- Monitor work progress and ensure that technical quality, interdisciplinary coordination and production requirements are met
- Monitor performance against the project design schedule, budget and earned value
- Take responsibility for obtaining building department approvals when required
- Answer construction bid period questions and respond to and resolve field issues and questions
- May have Engineer of Record responsibility
- Provide technical direction to in-house engineers and designers, CAD personnel, and to outside consultants in the production of construction contract documents
- Leads a small team of electrical engineers and designers in the production of construction documents for multiple attractions of medium complexity through all phases of design
- May direct consultants to whom design is outsourced for projects world-wide
- Working knowledge of the electrical engineering discipline, including industry practices, construction methods and materials, codes, current technology and the preparation and use of contract documents in all phases of design and construction
- Engineering experience including responsibility for design and production of engineering construction documents for commercial and industrial buildings (Lighting, Power, HVAC, Fire Alarm Systems, Communication Systems, Lighting Control, HVAC Control)
- Experience leading a small team of designers and CAD personnel towards a common project goal
- Construction phase experience including the submittal/shop drawing review process and on-site field inspections.
- Knowledge and use of 2D and 3D CAD such as AutoCAD 2011, MEP and Revitt for electrical engineering design
- Knowledge and use of power system analysis software, such as SKM or ETAP, for short circuit, circuit breaker coordination, and arc-flash hazard analysis
- Theme park experience desired
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Graduate of an accredited engineering school with a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- Professional registration in Electrical Engineering
- 6 or more years of work experience in electrical engineering with a minimum of 2 years managing a team of electrical engineers and designers in the production of contract documents for construction
- Active membership in IEEE, IES, or IAEI is desirable
Additional Information©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.