Senior Business Analyst (ComSci, Apptio APM)
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for the research, analysis and reporting of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts’ (WDPR) software applications, related resources, on-going maintenance, and related infrastructure (collectively “Systems”) that is managed by Walt Disney Attractions Technology (“WDAT”), responsible for contributing to the portfolio lifecycle roadmap and the integrated portfolio investment strategy for the Systems, and is responsible for calculating the Systems portfolio value to the Business consumer.
The Senior Business Analyst may also be responsible for coaching and guiding other Business Analysts, as well as developing best practices in business analysis of Systems.
- Provides technical, financial and business analysis for:
- All operating costs and depreciation (“Expenses”) associated with the Systems;
- Operational metrics associated with the Systems (e.g., resources, servers, storage, etc.); and
- Business Unit metrics associated with its consumption of the Systems (e.g., tickets, reservations, Guests, Cast, etc.) and related value of the Systems.
- Supports APM service offerings by:
- Providing analyses of Expense for Systems to provide leadership with transparency of the apportionment of the WDAT annual operating plan at the System level;
- Providing cost vs benefit analyses for Systems to provide leaderships with options for Systems rationalization, and portfolio value to Business consumer;
- Providing cost vs benefit analyses for Systems to service owners and the Vendor Management Office for system Type 1 production support in-house vs off-shore;
- Providing reporting of Systems cost within a service catalog by service tower, by WDAT executive and by WDPR Business Unit; and
- Providing ad-hoc analyses on an as-needed basis.
- Gathers business requirements as needed to:
- Develop moderately complex business cases, in particular ensuring benefits align to strategic and tactical business objectives;
- Support WDAT in business, technical and financial cost vs benefit assessments related to its Systems;
- Collaborate with WDAT service owners, strategic WDAT stakeholders, and the Business Units to capture, analyze and report on operational and consumption metrics.
- Experience (5+ years) as a Business Analyst or Financial Analyst.
- Expertise in business analysis, costing methodologies, cost drivers, and service consumption modeling.
- Experience with executing against a project plan, reporting on project progress, and identification of project opportunities and project challenges.
- Experience with creating executive presentations.
- Strong understanding of technology systems including: applications, middleware, operating systems, databases, and infrastructure, as well as production support resources.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, and experience partnering with many key stakeholders to execute project plans and deliver against project timelines and commitments.
- Strong critical thinking, writing, analytical and quantitative skills.
- Expert knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Work and Outlook and ServiceNow
- Experience with ComSci, Apptio or similar Technology Business Management APM platforms.
- Experience with SQL reporting and data management.
- Experience with creating and publishing financial, technical and business information via a dashboard tool, such as Tableau, Domo, etc.
- Four-year degree in field such as Information Technology, Business, Finance or similar field or related work experience.