Salon Stylist- Part Time, Walt Disney World
Come be a part of the magic helping our guests to transform during their Disney vacation! The Stylist team provides consultation and application services in the art of makeup application and perform professional cuts, elegant styles and updos, chemical services and therapeutic hair and scalp treatments. The Walt Disney World Resort has several salons and Cast Members will have the opportunity to work in all locations. The salons offer complete hair, nail, and makeup services.
Salon Stylist Cast Members receive an hourly rate per hour, and also receive commission and gratuity.
** Please remember to attach your resume along with your application to be considered for this role.**
- Provide consistent professional hair, makeup and nail services to Senses Spa guests
- Must be able to create updo’s to bridal parties and bridal makeup
- Broad understanding of color symmetry/coordination and understand the use and effects of different textures (frost, shimmer, etc.)
- Accurately book, change, and cancel salon appointments utilizing a salon booking software application (additional training required)
- Responsible for cash handling and POS transactions
- Must have the ability to create an image for the guest's needs/social event using different makeup colors, textures and application techniques.
- Must possess a technical understanding of product ingredients to avoid allergic reactions
- Must currently hold and maintain a Cosmetology license with state of Florida
- Must be able to complete a skills assessment in person at one of our Senses Spas
- Minimum (1) year of experience as a licensed Stylist
- Part-Time positions require a minimum of (3) days of full availability between 7:30am - 8:30pm
- Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent guest service skills
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Previous experience with ability to handle difficult/sensitive situations with minimal/no supervision
- Ability to confidently utilize service recovery methods
- Proactive in anticipating guest needs
- Must be able to stand during entire shift while providing services
Please upload your resume with this application to be considered for this position.
- Basic computer knowledge
- Previous experience in a spa or hotel environment preferred
- Knowledgeable about the Walt Disney World Resort and surrounding area
Company Overview At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world. Additional InformationSCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
KEYWORD: WDW Casting, WDWCASTING, Salon Stylist, Hair Stylist, Cosmetology, Spa Jobs
©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.