Project Management Supervisor
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Project Management Supervisor is responsible for leading and directing the day to day efforts of a team of high-performing project coordinators. He or she will work directly with the VP of Project Management to report out on PFCU’s Strategic Project Portfolio, to include the administration, auditing and support of the organizations portfolio management software. He or She will contribute to the continuous development of standards and frameworks related to the Project Management Office. Develop and enhance the Service Operations to improve the content and accuracy of reports to senior management and stakeholders in order to help guide future strategic decisions.
As Supervisor, this role will provide oversight and direction in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures. Manage projects, as assigned. Coach, mentor, and develop direct staff, including overseeing new project coordinator employee onboarding | training and providing career development planning and opportunities for up and comers. Empower cast to take responsibility for their jobs and goals and expect accountability and regular feedback. Foster a spirit of teamwork and consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organizations and that emphasizes the identified mission, vision, guiding principles and values of the organization. Adhere to Partners Federal Credit Union’s core values and The Walt Disney Company’s Four Keys while consistently modeling integrity and respect in carrying out the mission and vision.
- Analyze current state processes within PMO and recommend / implement policies, processes, measures and reporting
- Analyze and report out on resource requirements, dependencies and availability to PMO Governance
- Initiate and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders at peer levels
- Track and report on key project portfolio performance indicators / dashboards, providing a real-time, comprehensive, and prioritized view of all projects along with key metrics to influence change as needed
- Prepare, analyze, and consolidate Project Status updates, audits, budgeting and trend analysis reports
- Act as a reference point for queries and information regarding data and project coordination, and act as an advocate for best practices in project management
- Manage projects, as assigned
- Identify areas where technology can lead to increased efficiency and productivity
- Provide user documentation and training on the portfolio application system and/or processes
- PMI Certification - PMP
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- 5+ years of PMO experience and strong business analysis skills
- 5+ years of in-depth knowledge of Program/Project planning/PMO processes
- 5+ years of previous leadership experience
- 3-5 years of technical project management experience
- 3-5 years of Credit Union or Financial industry experience preferred
- Leadership - Demonstrates leadership through skillful and effective written and oral communication. Undertakes continuous self-development of both functional and leadership skills. Specifically they are able to do the following: The following are all required.
- Experience managing multiple projects on a large scale ($1M+ in budget) containing multiple lines of implementation stakeholders (Development teams, 3rd party software vendors, etc.)
- Experience reporting, building presentations and project status reports appropriate for varying levels of communication
- Experience with producing KPIs and metric reporting including industry standard and best practice information
- A sound understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- MS Office intermediate to advanced skills with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. Excel including Pivot tables, template and graph/chart design and development
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 PSA or other Enterprise level PPM tools.
- Documented experience with methodology and process related to PMO processes
- People management experience of being a direct first level manager
- Ability to function in a dynamic, high pressure, fast paced environment
- Agile delivery experience
- Hand-on expertise in Microsoft Office productivity tools and Apple tools
- Ability to thrive in roles and processes that are not clearly defined, constantly evolving and broad through self-reliance and resourcefulness
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
- Exceptional communication, presentation, organization and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Effective conflict management skills
- Exceptional relationship and partnering skills while leveraging resources appropriately
- Adhere to the Credit Union’s core values and The Walt Disney Company’s Four Keys while consistently modeling integrity and respect in carrying out the PFCU’s mission and vision.
- Familiarity with various related operating, improvement and compliance frameworks such as ITIL, Six Sigma, Lean, etc.
- Working knowledge of Agile concepts such as SCRUM, Khanban, TDD, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Post-Graduate Degree
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Partners Federal Credit Union is a full-service financial institution serving the financial needs of its Members worldwide. Sponsored by The Walt Disney Company, Partners enjoys outstanding strength and stability and always with an exclusive connection to The Walt Disney Company that ensures a level of quality unsurpassed in banking. Partners is truly Cast Members serving Cast Members.