PH-Show Mechanical Engineer Sr
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Mechanical Engineer eager to design and work with teams to deliver the creative vision within our theme parks. From large lifts to falling walls, to things that open and close. Creating content that interacts with our guests to tell the story. You will be part of a team that is responsible for designing innovative ways of solving engineering challenges. From propulsion systems to sizing components for a specific motion profile, to testing and proving out a design with mock ups, and all the way through validation and installation. With Safety and reliability at the forefront of what we produce. Responsibilities
- Able to communicate and interact within a team and a creative project environment
- Design related to: stress, load conditions, acceleration and velocity, duty cycle, torque and basic engineering related calculations
- Responsible for the complete design life cycle of a component from mock up through design and production
- Provide installation support in the field, travel may be required
- Work with our park partners for maintainability and ease of component service or replacement.
- Perform test plans: Factory Acceptance Test and Site Acceptance Test.
- Work with other disciplines to provide inputs such as: power requirements, facility interface, interconnect, sensors, connectors etc.
- Ability to create designs for manufacturing and work with vendors when specifying components.
- At least 7 years of direct experience.
- Proficiency in Solidworks 2015 or newer
- Advanced Drafting Skills
- Advanced Knowledge about mechanical components
- Advanced Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Ability to do tolerance stack up, check for interference, press and fits
- Understanding of electric servo motors and basic sizing
- Works Well with Others
- Fundamental knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics
- Microsoft -Excel, Word, Powerpoint, office
- Understanding of simulation based software (SolidWorks, ANSYS, SimScape)
- Understanding of Metric and Standard hardware
Required Education • BS Mechanical Engineering