Pastry Sous Chef
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Culinary team at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts creates unforgettable dining experiences for guests from around the world. Here, you can use your skills in our fast-paced environment in areas that range from table service to catering to fine dining to pastry to quick service. No matter your role, you’ll help provide a magical experience for any dining occasion. A Pastry Sous Chef will lead a professional culinary team (18+ people on a team or more) in a pastry and baking production facility. For more information, check out our Disney Culinary-Overview video:
- Responsible for batch cooking, a la carte or set menus, recipe development, volume and timing and mobile delivery of foods.
- Interact with Guests and execute on dietary and allergy needs for Guests.
- Monitor baking cooking techniques while managing day-to-day kitchen operations.
- Expedite kitchen flow of bakery and manage the preparation of food inventory pars.
- Ensure operational compliance to WDP&R standards including food preparation, loss prevention and safety standards, as well as adherence to applicable state and local government health regulations.
- Verify and record temperatures of perishable items and maintain C.H.E.F.S. / HACCP log.
- Monitor product quality by tasting food, observing dining rooms, events and functions and by regularly speaking with Cast and Guests.
- Minimum of five years of baking and pastry experience
- Minimum of two years of culinary management experience
- Understand and demonstrate fundamentals of baking in cakes, plated desserts, convention desserts ,breads, pastries, cookies, etc.
- Able to display outstanding culinary techniques (knife skills, piping skills, decorating skills, etc.)
- Proven Computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse Cast
- Demonstrated good organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated business savvy
- Able to work flexible schedule with variable shifts and days off in a rapid changing environment
- Previous work experience in a union environment
- Demonstrated creativity
- Demonstrated high energy level
- Currently possess a Food Safety Certification
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associate Degree in Culinary Arts
Company Overview How To Stand Out:
- Previous experience in a high volume restaurant or hotel
- Previous experience in table service and quick service restaurants
- Knowledgeable of industry trends and practical business applications
- Demonstrated ability to identify and procure superior products in the development of quality menu items
Additional Information©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity