Nursing: Walt Disney World Health Services
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Occupational Registered Nurse will provide nursing assessments, treatments and recommendations to Cast Members related to illness or injury of Cast Members, within their Scope of Practice.
- General responsibilities include providing medical care by taking vital signs, assessing the patients injury, illness, document findings, formulate and educate on treatment plans, and perform medical interventions within the RN scope of practice.
- The Registered Nurse initiates and supports timely patient flow in the collection and documentation of patient medical history, appropriate medical intervention including coordination of physician medical assessment, physical examination and occupational medical treatment.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following safety standards and procedures.
- Adheres to the highest standard of confidentiality and ensures that all communication and dialogue is handled in same manner. Accepts responsibility for assisting co-workers, including rotating job duties as needed or assigned.
- Maintains effective dialogue and communication with peers, leaders and associates.
- Ensures that Health Services leadership remains apprised and updated on pertinent matters requiring their attention.
- Upholds and abides by WDW standards of business conduct.
- Current Florida RN Licensure
- Minimum 3+ years Registered Nurse Experience – Occupational Health Nursing a plus
- Current CPR Certification
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with general office programs and equipment
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to maintain medical confidentiality
- Flexible work schedule including working occasional overtime and Holidays
- Timely and effective communication as demonstrated through strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional customer service and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with management team in the completion of business goals and strategies
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN | COHN-S)
- Prior experience in working with EMR or Health Management System
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Program Suite
- Prior Experience in fast-pace medical office, clinic or similar environment
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing or Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN | COHN-S)
- Masters Degree in Nursing
Additional Information©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.