Mgr-Technology (Program / Project delivery teams)
The Manager of Technology leads and manages delivery and teams for multiple complex projects. The Manager of Technology provides technical guidance and oversight, as well as mentoring and coaching, to project managers and program team members. This role will partner closely with business and technology leadership in delivering systems which meet and exceed business objectives and achieve schedule milestones within approved budgets. This role will be responsible for leading delivery projects across all lifecycle phases, from requesting funding approval through post-implementation support/transition.
The successful candidate requires technical knowledge and skills that are broad and deep, covering various hardware, software, and platforms. The candidate must be comfortable operating in complex heterogeneous technology environments, and have experience with highly integrated and mission critical solutions. The candidate must possess the ability to share and communicate ideas clearly, both orally and in writing, to business sponsors and partners, technical resources, and executives, in clear concise language that is the effective for each respective group.
- Leads and directs multiple high-priority, complex projects, which often require considerable resources and high levels of functional integration and interaction with project sponsor team.
- Builds and leads multiple program/project delivery teams. These teams will be a combination cast and consultants in various locations. Reevaluates current resources to determine the most effective allocation of resources,
- Leverages project management and agile software development methodologies to significantly increase the frequency and timeliness of delivering new application capabilities.
- Effectively manages project timeline and financials including budget, cost, invoices, and change orders.
- Ensures proactive communication of project status, issues, and risks to management and presents to leadership level personnel through formal presentations
- Effectively manages vendor agreements and ensures that vendor deliverables and performance meet agreed criteria.
- Maintains strong working relationships with key Business Partners including regular communication.
- Conducts regular status meetings with all stakeholders, keeping the stakeholder’s needs and requirements continuously in view.
- Aligns team goals and accomplishments to organizational objectives. Ensures that departmental and company guidelines are enforced, including those related to security, safety, change management, and configuration management.
- Mentors team members regarding all aspects of the project life cycle and program/project management discipline.
- Ensures effective Agile ceremonies, including backlog grooming, planning, demonstrations, retrospectives, and daily stand-ups.
- Champions organizational change
- Seven to ten years of program/project management experience, managing diverse teams and large, complex system integration projects.
- Five Years of leadership experience in a technical environment
- Expertise in project management methodologies and principles including but not limited to Agile and the Project Management Institute (PMI) PMBOK.
- Demonstrated budget and scheduling management skills
- Solid understanding of architecture, applications development and multi-vendor environments.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the day-to-day tasks of diverse teams, while effectively influencing senior management on key decisions and direction
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills to achieve business results.
- Significant experience in mentoring project managers and project teams.
- Strong skills in eliciting cooperation from senior management and other departments.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, proven ability to develop and deliver presentations geared for Executive Management
- 5+ years of development experience.
- Agile Scrum Master Certification.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Expertise with project management tools and/or software packages.
- Demonstrated leadership of onshore and offshore development teams, with multiple years of large program / project Delivery.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule and travel requirements
- Four-year college degree in Information Technology, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience.