“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
This position functionally leads and takes responsibility for leadership technical content of the Engineering disciplines as the functional manager for Site and Facility Engineering studio which includes the following disciplines; civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, rockwork, resort wide systems and project engineering. Responsible for strategic leadership of talent, technical, and business needs. Resort experience is desirable. This role reports to the Florida Executive Design Manager with dotted line relationship to California global Engineering Design Studio Executive. ResponsibilitiesCORE FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take managing responsibility for the technical content of the engineering studio disciplines.
- Take lead responsibility for the engineering studio’s resource planning and annual operating budget.
- Act as responsible design project manager for all engineering studio disciplines, provide management and technical leadership of the engineering project team throughout the project life cycle.
- Take lead responsibility for the development and implementation of the engineering studio regional project design strategy and work plan, to achieve required quality threshold in balance with budget and schedule objectives.
- Act as engineering studio leader of the design integration process for the designed facility/show environment, including establishment and management of design input, coordination, review and quality control processes.
- Act as the engineering studio responsible individual to oversee the efforts of all outside consultants who contribute to the ED&E (Environmental Design & Engineering) design product.
- Ensure conformance to the Disney’s Master Specifications and Design Standards of Practice.
- Analyze and recommend improvements to company sustainability initiatives.
- Act as the engineering studio lead and point of coordination between the project core team and the functional management of all performing disciplines relative to design strategy, work plan and resource issues.
- Oversee engineering estimate and work plan development at the inception of each project, as well as rigorous earned value and change management processes from conceptual design throughout the project’s life cycle.
- Ensure that human and physical resources match the workload. Schedule manpower.
- Deploy engineering teams for WDI projects, including direct staff and consultants to whom design is outsourced.
- Monitor progress and earned value on all assigned projects, and ensure that technical quality, interdisciplinary coordination and production requirements (budget, schedule) are met.
- Ensure that peer reviews are performed where appropriate.
- Provide strategic technical oversight of project design, construction and guide facility commissioning.
- Maintain and ensure conformance to Engineering standards, procedures, and specifications.
- Champion the adoption of new technologies and methods (3D, IPD, BIM, BSD). Champion sustainable design.
TECHINICAL AND LEADERSHIP SKILLS:
- Act as the primary center of excellence for site and facility engineering in WDI’s Atlantic Region, with broad influence and technical decision making authority on such matters.
- Exercise engineering judgment in establishing the basis of design for regional projects and possess a superb track record. .
- Oversee all of the engineering studio’s resources and provide administrative direction to in-house engineers, designers and outside consultants in the production of construction contract documents.
- Mentor/develop engineering studio talent. Hire and terminate employment.
- Manage teams of engineers and designers on complex or multiple projects through all phases of design.
- Maintain a robust consultant data base and recommend partnering for specific project talent needs.
- Assist in the development of RFP’s (Request for Proposals) and make recommendations to award contracts.
- May act as EOR on projects when self-perform.
- Minimum of ten years progressive leadership experience in managing multi-disciplinary teams in the production of contract documents for construction.
- A minimum of fifteen years of experience in the field of planning, design and/or construction of major build projects (resort or theme park).
- Broad knowledge of the facility, show and area development design disciplines, including unique requirements of design integration and preparation of construction and production contract documents.
- Broad knowledge of CADD/BIM design technology and its unique management requirements.
- Active affiliation with professional engineering societies.
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited engineering school
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Advanced degree in management, business, architecture or engineering
Additional Information©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.