Manager - Technology
As Manager of Technology, you will be leading the development of new, and maintenance of existing applications. In this role, you will be responsible for proof of concepts, leading estimation, planning and overseeing technical development of solutions being executed by both internal and vendor-led teams. This is a highly collaborative role where partnership with many different non-technical lines of business other technology teams will be critical. Speed to market is important so iterative delivery is the working model for the team. A focus on global solutions means understanding business needs across many different lines of business and geographies is critical. You will be regularly expected to lead team meetings and facilitate the escalation and removal of team blockers. You will also be the primary point of contact for internal business and vendor partners. Responsibilities
- Build and lead multiple hardware and software development teams consisting of web developers, app developers and software engineers.
- Build and manage relationships with vendor partners.
- Directly oversee, mentor, and develop the technical staff and supervise the technical deliverables of those developers.
- Assume Responsibility for technical analysis, effort estimation, product and system design, evaluating architectural fit and compliance, resource schedules, delivery milestones, and overall product quality.
- Manage a variety of diverse - and sometimes conflicting - requests, priorities, and activities. Candidate will need management and communication skills to interact with people at all levels, within WDPR Technology and across the Walt Disney Company.
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with other departments, groups and staff
- Participate in the broader Disney Technology organization, and ensure that products are created in a platform-centric manner.
- Enforce and grow a culture focused on quality.
- 6+ years of hands on software development experience. Combined sensor design and hardware knowledge is a big plus.
- 4+ years managing technical professionals.
- Experience with delivering software solutions using iterative/Agile methodology.
- Experience in mobile application development including hybrid (Ionic) applications.
- Experience writing technical documentation
- Experience managing and forecasting budgets. This includes project, sustainment, hardware and software budgets.
- Disciplined approach to software development. Includes defining and enforcing engineering best practices.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analysis skills.
- Expertise in dynamic web site development technologies using Java, Node, relational and non-relational databases.
- Experience with the creation and consumption of REST based Web Services.
- Strong knowledge of front-end web development, including the use of HTML, CSS, AJAX.
- Strong understanding of Computer Science Fundamentals.
- Strong knowledge of unit testing, behavioral testing and continuous integration/delivery.
- Strong application performance / tuning skills
- Understanding of importance of maintainable / sustainable product solutions
- Understanding of application security concepts along with PCI and PII
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. The position requires frequent communication with colleagues and partners in several different geographic locations and time zones with varying levels of technical knowledge.
- Proven ability to work with all members of an extended and diverse project team
- Must be detail-oriented, self-organized, be committed to quality and be capable of tracking multiple issues simultaneously
- Candidate must have mentoring and guidance skills to provide oversight and direction to contractors and junior members of the team
- Excellent time management skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, related field or equivalent work experience
Company Overview The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for. “It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true. Additional InformationThis position is with the legal entity of Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, an equal opportunity employer.