As a Technology Manager on the Application Operations team, you will be leading a team of operations analysts who serve the vital function of supporting technology while interfacing with our front-line Cast Members who use the technology. This is a highly collaborative role where partnership with many different non-technical lines of business and other technology teams will be critical. Ensuring the availability of key systems, communicating outages and driving incident resolution will be foremost among this position’s responsibilities. Responsibilities
- Lead a team of 10-12 technology analysts providing 24/7 operational support for all lines of business within Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.
- Manage Incident and Problem management efforts at all levels of priority and complexity.
- Interface with both senior technology leaders as well as senior business leaders in order to accomplish business goals and availability objectives.
- Participate in various tactical and strategic meetings with all levels of leadership to advise and collaborate on solutions to current and future challenges.
- Be available to provide leadership around the clock and during peak holiday periods as required by business activities.
- 3+ years managing technical professionals in a large enterprise.
- Experience writing technical and/or business documentation.
- Experience managing and forecasting budgets.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analysis skills.
- In depth knowledge ITIL framework with experience operating in an ITIL-focused operations environment.
- Understanding of enterprise application stacks including middleware and infrastructure components.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. The position requires frequent communication with colleagues and partners in several different geographic locations and time zones with varying levels of technical knowledge.
- Proven ability to work with all members of an extended and diverse operations team.
- Must be detail-oriented, self-organized, be committed to quality and be capable of tracking multiple issues simultaneously.
- Candidate must have mentoring and guidance skills to provide oversight and direction to members of the team.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Be able to lead team members and drive high expectations in the areas of quality and consistency.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- ITIL certification
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true. Additional InformationThis position is with the legal entity of Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, an equal opportunity employer.