At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
At Experience Insights and Analytics we tell the story of our Guests’ holistic vacation experiences and pioneer new tactics that enhance the Guest experience and optimize the business in exciting new ways. We solve the most challenging business problems at Disney Parks and Resorts by leveraging data integration, data science, predictive and prescriptive analytics.
- The Manager of Operations Research Engineering provides analytical decision making support to Disney Parks & Resorts Leadership, including executive management.
- This leader acts as the department go-to person for determining analytical approaches for solving challenging operational problems. The Manager in this role demonstrates strong business acumen and the ability to develop and deliver rigorous technical and/or statistical analysis to quantify business case scenarios, options, and risks.
- This role is responsible for leadership and development of salaried Operations Research team members. Independently serves as the project manager for highly complex/ambiguous projects.
- 5+ years of applied Operations Research or Advanced Analytics related experience.
- 2+ years of experience leading high performance teams.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, including mentoring new talent and leading individual contributors
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to partner with others to handle multiple priorities in a challenging operational environment.
- Superior analytical ability, conceptual thinking, and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under changing conditions.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and lead complex, cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work creatively with a strong combination of conceptual and analytical capabilities.
- Ability to identify operational issues and performance gaps.
- Demonstrated track record of consulting engagement experience; including a role in influencing and interfacing with senior level executives.
- Ability to clearly communicate analytical concepts and results to a non-technical audience both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to solicit, sell, and implement new project ideas to operational clients and internal leadership.
- Willingness to keep current on latest analytical techniques and software applications.
- Recognized expert in predictive, machine learning and statistical modeling using SAS, python or equivalent.
- Recognized expert in prescriptive modeling and optimization with CPLEX, Gurobi or equivalent optimization software.
- Familiarity with simulation modeling methodology and tools such as Arena and AnyLogic.
- Ability to extract, validate, manipulate, and derive insight from large amounts of data from diverse sources.
- International experience or ability to work with international partners preferred.
- MS/PhD in Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Industrial Engineering or equivalent
Additional Information©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.