Manager, Communications: Walt Disney World / Parks & Resorts
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Manager, Communications is responsible for leading a team and partnering with stakeholders to develop and implement communication that supports business objectives and effectively engages internal and external audiences, including news media.
- Guide and contribute to the development and implementation of strategic communication plans including effectively assessing the situation/communication need, compiling and analyzing research, outlining an effective communication approach/strategy, developing key messages, media statements and FAQs, as well as recommending appropriate communication tactics and vehicles (e.g., internal newsletter, employee portal, video, press releases, social media, etc.) to achieve plan goals.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for assigned client groups and direct day-to-day work of team members.
- Help manage a high-volume communication team and high-volume of media inquiries.
- Act as a consultant, influencer and strategic thought partner to senior leadership and business partners to understand business/audience needs and proactively shape communication.
- Oversee the development and execution of events that effectively deliver key messages to important stakeholders (e.g., Cast engagement, Town Halls, media moments, appreciation events, etc.).
- Partner with the Executive Communication and Public Relations teams to develop and implement executive engagement strategies.
- Proactively identify opportunities to build and protect WDW’s reputation. Promote key reputation drivers among key audiences and identify/mitigate emerging issues using an integrated approach that takes into account all aspects of communication.
- Serve as a member of the WDW Emergency Communication team and contribute to regular updates of the Emergency Communication Plan. Participate in 24-hour on-call rotation, including days and nights, for incident/emergency/media response.
- Build internal and external relationships to help effectively deliver integrated communication strategies.
- Lead and continuously develop a team of talented professionals.
- Minimum of 5-7 years in a professional corporate communications, public relations or government role
- Demonstrated skills at building relationships with media and strategically responding to newsroom calls.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism or equivalent
- A self-starter who can drive work with limited oversight
- Proven ability to develop high-quality work product in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Experience overseeing the development of communication for both internal and external audiences
- Demonstrated strong leadership, organizational and project management skills
- Strong presentation, writing/positioning and editing skills
- Strong consulting skills
- Proven ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Proven ability to manage budgets
- Demonstrated ability generating and executing creative ideas
- Previous experience with The Walt Disney Company
- Experience using social media and new technologies
- Proficiency in multiple languages
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism or equivalent work experience
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.