Manager – Application Operations Engineering
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
As Manager–Application Operations Engineering you will be responsible for directing a team of Engineers to ensure Walt Disney Parks & Resort applications are highly available, stable and reliable to minimize potential disruption to our guests and their park experience.
You will partner with Solution Engineering, Application Development and Infrastructure teams to lead diagnosis, design & solution. You will own the reduction of operational load and engage the team in development tasks, the service should run and repair itself; systems in place should be automatic, not just automated.
You have technical knowledge and skills that are broad and deep to ensure high availability and stability of applications and related infrastructure components. You are comfortable operating in complex heterogeneous technology environments, and have experience with highly integrated and critical solutions. You share and communicate ideas clearly, both orally and in writing, to business sponsors and partners, technical resources, and executives, in clear concise language that is the effective for each respective group.
- Lead 24/7 Application Operations Engineering (AOE) for Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Technology
- Leads technical experts in performing deep dives into both systemic and latent reliability issues; partners with teams across organization to roll out fixes to make systems highly available, reliable and stable.
- Ensure that all root cause analysis functions are executed expertly with great attention to detail – a key goal of this leader should be to increase mean time between incidents and drive the implementation of remediation plans that eliminates technical defects.
- Influence requirement and implementation of necessary tools along with required practices & processes to actively identify system related problems
- Drive creation and maintenance of a viable and relevant knowledge base is maintained and that teams are properly documented all aspects of the service operation run-book.
- Influences decision on areas of system monitoring to better predict and identify problems and lead teams in growing monitoring and automation capabilities to gain efficiencies
- Lead technical resources to triage major and widespread issue in a systematic way to restore the issue faster
- Manage and influence reduction of operational load on AOE resources and engage them in development, monitoring and automation in partnership with other cross-commit teams
- Participate and influence design, solution and help with development to ensure built systems are resilient and operationally maintainable
- Build team capability with necessary technical skill set and expertise
- 10+ years of experience with software design, development, engineering, planning and delivery for enterprise-scale solutions
- Demonstrated expertise in leading triage & critical problem solving of integration functions on enterprise-scale solutions.
- Recent hands-on experience with high-scale web architectures, patterns, and technologies, specifically Java, Event-Driven Architecture, and ReST.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills and the ability to work effectively across a wide range of constituencies in a diverse corporate and client environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of server, storage, network, server virtualization & public cloud technologies
- Deep understanding of IT Service Management processes.
- Inclusive leadership approach which embraces diversity.
- Ability to communicate to and influence executives to achieve desired outcomes
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
- This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.