Management Internship - Retail, Fall 2018
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
We deliver the best entertainment shopping experience in the world. Our retail management interns oversee a retail operation with an emphasis on Guest service, financial objectives, inventory control, product replacement and presentation. Ensure product offerings are amply supplied and properly displayed to enable Guest satisfaction and financial success.
Lead with a positive attitude and demonstrate a commitment to Cast Members. Recognize and hold Cast Members accountable for delivering excellence in safety, courtesy, show and efficiency in a specific area of responsibility. Responsible for ensuring an environment where Guest and Cast Member Safety is the first filter in operational decision making as well as monitoring daily staffing levels and anticipating shift coverage needs. Responsible for approving returned merchandise transactions and for loss prevention measures including cash register audits to reconcile revenues, securing and auditing a safe, mitigating shrink and reviewing daily bank out paperwork.
- A self-starter who enjoys making day-to-day operational decisions in line with Guest, Cast Members and Financial expectations.
- Able to foster, build and maintain relationships to best communicate and interface with Guests, front-line Cast Members, partners, vendors, leaders and peers in other lines of business as a point-of-contact for day-to-day operations.
- Empowered to inspire, recognize, monitor performance, coach and develop front-line Cast Members from different cultures, backgrounds and styles.
What You Bring to the Role:
- Minimum one year demonstrated leadership experience
- Minimum six months large retail chain experience
- Proven knowledge of financial aspects of a retail operation
- Knowledge of the retail industry and a passion for delivering an outstanding service experience
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated strong written and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proven ability to function effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated strong computer proficiency within a Windows environment
- Prior or current experience with The Walt Disney Company
- Demonstrated multilingual skills, particularly Creole, Portuguese, Spanish and Vietnamese
- College Junior, Senior, or Graduate level student
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are either June 2018 - January 2019 or June 2018 - June 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: This Management Internship is located the Orlando, FL area. Participants must provide their own housing.
- Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
- College transcripts (official or unofficial)
To upload these documents:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “edit profile info”
- Click on the "Attachments" Tab
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcripts or Mickey_Mouse_CoverLetter)
- Select document type of “Transcript”
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
We welcome your comments and questions about this Management Internship - Retail, Fall 2018 opportunity at Disney.