Management Internship - ESPN Wide World of Sports, Fall 2018
ESPN Wide World of Sports Management Internship Fall 2018
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Something magical occurs when ESPN innovation combines with the guest service of Walt Disney World® Resort. Our sports complex operations management interns oversee a sports operation with an emphasis on Guest service and courtesy, safety, efficiency, and show elements. Our sports operations team takes delight in ensuring that the magic of Disney shines through for all of our guests to enjoy our world-class venues, enabling Guest satisfaction and financial success.
Work on a team of Guest Experience Managers, providing leadership to a team of 100+ front line cast members in Guest Operations and Custodial Operations. You will supervise operations including main entrance, competition venues, and parking lot promoting great Guest Service and Cast Excellence.
Basic QualificationsYou Are:
- A self-starter who enjoys making day-to-day operational decisions in line with Guest, Cast Members and Financial expectations.
- Able to foster, build and maintain relationships to best communicate and interface with Guests, front-line Cast Members, partners, vendors, leaders and peers in other lines of business as a point-of-contact for day-to-day operations.
- Empowered to inspire, recognize, monitor performance, coach and develop front-line Cast Members from different cultures, backgrounds and styles.
What You Bring to the Role:
- Minimum one year demonstrated leadership experience
- Minimum six months sports and recreation experience
- Proven knowledge of financial aspects of a sports and recreation operation (budget, revenue, and labor)
- Knowledge of the sports and recreation industry and a passion for delivering an outstanding service experience
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated strong written and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proven ability to function effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated strong computer proficiency within a Windows environment
Preferred QualificationsPreferred Training/Education:
- Prior or current experience with The Walt Disney Company
- Majoring in business, commercial recreation, sports management, or related
- Demonstrated multilingual skills, particularly Creole, Portuguese, Spanish and Vietnamese
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA
- College Junior, Senior, or Graduate level student
Company Overview The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world. Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through June 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: This Management Internship is located the Orlando, FL area. Participants must provide their own housing.
- Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
- College transcripts (official or unofficial)
To upload these documents:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “edit profile info”
- Click on the "Attachments" Tab
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcripts or Mickey_Mouse_CoverLetter)
- Select document type of “Transcript”
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.