Management Internship - Animal Science Environment Ops - Fall 2018
Management Internship - Animal Science Environment Operations - Fall 2018
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
We deliver the best theme park experience in the world. Our Animal, Sciences and Environment Operations Management Interns oversee an educational operation with an emphasis on Guest service and inspiring our Guests to conservation call of action.
Monitor operations, which include Disney’s Animal Kingdom Guest facing animal locations. You will also ensure Walt Disney World standards and leadership behaviors while continually working to provide exceptional guest service.
This internship does not have any direct animal contact. All daily animal husbandry and care is provided by our Animal Keeper staff.
- A self-starter who enjoys making day-to-day operational decisions in line with Guest, Cast Member and Financial expectations.
- Able to foster, build and maintain relationships to best communicate and interface with Guests, front-line Cast Members, partners, vendors, leaders and peers in other lines of business as a point-of-contact for day-to-day operations.
- Empowered to inspire, recognize, monitor performance, coach and develop front-line Cast Members from different cultures, backgrounds and styles.
Basic QualificationsWhat You Bring to the Role:
- Minimum six months demonstrated leadership experience
- Knowledge of the animal, sciences and environment industry and a passion for delivering an outstanding service experience
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated strong written and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proven ability to function effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated strong computer proficiency within a Windows environment
Preferred QualificationsPreferred Training/Education:
- Prior or current experience with The Walt Disney Company
- Demonstrated multilingual skills, particularly Creole, Portuguese, Spanish and Vietnamese
Required Education Currently enrolled in a college or university, registered as a Junior, Senior, or Graduate level student. Preferred Education Currently earning a college/university degree in Education, Biology, Zoology, Animal Behavior, Conservation, or Environmental Studies Company Overview The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world. Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 - January 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: This Management Internship is located the Orlando, FL area. Participants must provide their own housing.
- Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
- College transcripts (official or unofficial)
To upload these documents:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “edit profile info”
- Click on the "Attachments" Tab
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcripts or Mickey_Mouse_CoverLetter)
- Select document type of “Transcript”
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.