Maintenance Electrician, Walt Disney World
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for. “It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
Are you a maintenance, non-construction Electrician who enjoys the challenge of keeping things running smoothly?
The Facilities/Resorts Division at The Walt Disney World Resort is looking for Maintenance Electricians to maintain and repair the Resort's electrical circuits and equipment.
ResponsibilitiesElectricians maintain, troubleshoot and repair circuits running on 480 volts as well as 208 and 120 volt panels and 277/120 volt lighting systems. They also work on motor-control systems, pumps motors, and Kitchen Equipment. Electricians are responsible for repairing such things as electrical outlets, switches, plugs, disconnects, and repairing or replacing different types of lights in the Resort. In addition, they run conduit and pull the correct gauge of wire to match the amperage draw of a given circuit.
Electricians are responsible for performing preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of electrical systems and assemblies and other industrial-maintenance duties that keep the Resort running safely.
Due to the Facilities/Resort level maintenance and repair that is required of this position, Electricians must have experience in troubleshooting and repairing existing three-phase motors, branch circuits, and other appliances and equipment, rather than experience with the construction or installation of new equipment only.
Basic QualificationsSchedule Availability - Shifts are typically night shifts, and individuals must have availability to work Sunday through Saturday, any shift (1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift) including holidays, and must be open to any days off.
Technical Skills Abilities and Experience:
Technical electrical competence, and the ability to read blueprints, flowcharts, schematics, and engineering documents
- Acute troubleshooting skills including knowledge of high and low voltage with an understanding of the National Electric Code
- Knowledge of the nature of electricity, current, ability to measure current, voltage, and amperage
- Understanding of electrical circuits, knowledge of motors, and ability to understand controls and how to repair them
- Ability to use common hand tools, meters, gauges and other associated test and measurement equipment
- Experience using basic math
- Ability to differentiate colors
- Ability to understand and operate under Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) guidelines and other food safety/sanitary guidelines
- Minimum 5 years of industrial maintenance experience
- Ideal backgrounds include experience as a staff member of an organization responsible for the maintenance and troubleshooting of facilities/Resorts
- Construction, installation, residential, commercial and tenant improvement may not be sufficient experience for these Electrician positions
Additional Information©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity
KEYWORD: WDW Casting wdwcasting WDWMaintenance WDW Area Mechanic Electrical Area Mechanic Electrical