Live Entertainment - Technical Direction Internship - Fall 2018
Disney Parks Live Entertainment - Technical Direction Internship - Fall 2018
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Disney Parks Live Entertainment is a team of entertainment professionals that imagines, creates, designs, produces, casts, costumes and operates the live entertainment offerings in our Disney parks and resorts worldwide and on board our Disney cruise ships. We work in a dynamic, creative, innovative and collaborative environment and together, we bring Disney magic to life.
ResponsibilitiesMake an impact by…
- Supporting the Technical Director in the technical production process, including producing documentation, technical intent, and drawing packages
- Surveying on site locations for appropriate technical integration
- Partnering with cross-functional teams including designers, safety teams, and facility teams
- Contributing to technical documentation packages including scope of work, deliverables matrix, etc.
- Assisting with design and technical research
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring to this role…
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- A working knowledge of the performing arts industry
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under strict deadlines
- Strong leadership and partnering skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and confidential information
- Junior or Senior pursuing a degree in Theater (technical) or related field
- Demonstrated proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD and Adobe (Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Familiarity or work knowledge with additional drafting programs such as Vectorworks, and Revit
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule including days, night and holidays
Preferred QualificationsPreferred Qualifications:
- Earning or completing MFA in a technical design-related field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Fabrication skills
- Current valid U.S. driver’s license
- Operating a company vehicle may be part of this role
The Walt Disney Company is a global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationRequired Materials:
- Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
- Sample of Technical documentation saved as PDF
To upload these documents:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: First Name, Last Name, Type (i.e. Mickey Mouse, Transcripts or Mickey Mouse Cover Letter)
- Select document type of “Other”
If you experience any difficulty with uploading documents, please e-mail WDPR.Professional.Interns@disney.com
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR have graduated from college within the past six months OR be currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must have reliable transportation to get to and from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Dates: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through January 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: This internship is located in Orlando, FL, Anaheim, CA and Glendale, CA.
- Anaheim, CA participants: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis
- Glendale, CA participants must provide their own housing
- Orlando, FL participants: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis