Live Entertainment - Management Internship Fall 2018
Live Entertainment Management Internship Fall 2018
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
We deliver the best theme park experience in the world. Our theme park entertainment operations management interns oversee entertainment operations with an emphasis on Guest service and courtesy, safety, efficiency, and show elements. Our team takes delight in ensuring that the magic of Disney shines through for all of our guests to enjoy our entertainment offerings, enabling Guest satisfaction and financial success. Our operating areas include Characters, Stage Shows, Technical Operations, Atmosphere Entertainment, Special Events, Disney Photo Imaging, and Spectaculars.
In this role, you will manage the daily operations of various Entertainment locations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom within the Walt Disney World® Resort. You will learn to lead, coach and develop front line Cast Members (including performers, attendants and captains), foster a spirit of Performance Excellence with a focus on entertainment offerings and build strong relationships with business partners in a fast paced environment.
- A self-starter who enjoys making day-to-day operational decisions in line with Guest, Cast Members and Financial expectations.
- Able to foster, build and maintain relationships to best communicate and interface with Guests, front-line Cast Members, partners, vendors, leaders and peers in other lines of business as a point-of-contact for day-to-day operations.
- Empowered to inspire, recognize, monitor performance, coach and develop front-line Cast Members from different cultures, backgrounds and styles.
What You Bring to the Role:
- Minimum one year demonstrated leadership experience
- Knowledge of the entertainment or theme park industry and a passion for delivering an outstanding service experience
- Strong familiarity with lighting, audio, special effects, scenic and stage set-up systems
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated strong written and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proven ability to function effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated strong computer proficiency within a Windows environment
- Understanding of the Disney Character Brand and a willingness to uphold the values of that brand
- Operating a company vehicle may be part of this role
- Junior, senior, recent graduate or graduate student pursuing a degree in Theater, Technical Theater, Technical Production, or related field
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through January 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: This Management Internship is located the Orlando, FL area. Participants must provide their own housing.
- Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
- College transcripts (official or unofficial)
To upload these documents:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “edit profile info”
- Click on the "Attachments" Tab
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcripts or Mickey_Mouse_CoverLetter)
- Select document type of “Transcript”
If you experience any difficulty with uploading documents, please e-mail WDPR.Professional.Interns@disney.com