Lead Solution Architect
We are looking for people who are engineers at heart. Willingness to be creative and learn new technologies to help improve our organization.
The Lead Solution Architect within the Engineering Excellence team will focus on designing and delivering world-class solutions while leveraging a creative expertise in systems, services, and capabilities available in the marketplace to solve complex business problems. The Lead Solution Architect will evolve our technological foundation and advance our use of state-of-the-art technology across the company.
The Lead Solution Architect will partner with Delivery, Sustainment, and Shared Services partners (e.g., Reference Architecture, Quality Assurance, etc.) to ensure stakeholder alignment of the solution approach and estimation are complete. This individual will work with various business stakeholders in problem-solving, creating new features, and defining efficient and cost-effective technology solutions that drive future business capabilities. ResponsibilitiesThe Lead Solution Architect is responsible for detailed solution architecture and designs, as well as delivery of estimations for Walt Disney Parks & Resorts technology projects. It is the responsibility of the Lead Solution Architect to coordinate with other architects and designers from various disciplines (Solution, System, Delivery, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, and Data/Information) to define the most cost-effective and efficient design. They must excel at planning, communicating and driving architecture, engineering and infrastructure while driving changes that increase technology performance and availability, reduce time to market, new capabilities across the enterprise, decrease complexity and optimize revenue and cost. Basic Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in solutions architecture and systems engineering.
- 7+ years expertise in designing and developing complex enterprise solutions involving back office, web and mobile systems, utilizing Service Oriented & Micro-Service based architecture with disparate technologies, languages, open or licensed software and databases in large organizations.
- Strong hands-on technical knowledge of digital environment including Mobile, Web, Apps, APIs, Messaging, Databases, Big Data, Networks and their Interactions
- Required knowledge and understanding of cloud-based implementations, technical architecture, application systems design and integration in a large heterogeneous enterprise environment
- Experience in working with open source code and frameworks (hands-on experience in Angular/Node/React, Java/J2EE, Spring, XML, Apache Tomcat, Kafka, Spark, Rules Engine, Oracle or MySQL/MariaDB, Amazon Web Services,
- Experience with modern monitoring capabilities including APM (i.e. New Relic, AppDynamic, Splunk) as well as other instrumentation technologies
- Experience creating web architecture designs that incorporate availability, resiliency, security, traceability, manageability and performance
- Has demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technologies, quickly and effectively
- Experience working in a multi-national and multicultural environment
- Create delivery estimates based on solution architecture approach.
- Assess market technology choices to determine fit, including software, hardware, Cloud, SaaS/PaaS, etc.
- Translates complex functional, technical, and business requirements into architectural designs.
- Coordinate with Delivery Project Manager and Business Analyst to draft project scope and compile delivery estimates.
- Collaborate with other Architecture teams. Conduct proofs of concepts and Pilots for emerging technologies.
- Adapt to a quickly changing environment and interact with a broad customer base with diverse needs and functional responsibilities.
- Demonstrates strong ability to influence without authority
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills
- Coordinate between business and IT stakeholders to develop a solution architecture approach.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Proven experience working within "Cloud first" architectures, with a practical knowledge of cloud and hybrid cloud implementations.
- Hands on experience with leveraging object-oriented design patterns (creational, behavioral, structural), domain driven design principals, and enterprise architecture frameworks(Togaf, Zachman, etc)
- Well versed in SDLC, DevOps, and continuous delivery/continuous deployment within large-scale organizations, containerization.
- Required Knowledge of industry standard project execution methodologies like Agile/SCRUM or Agile/Kanban, along with a working understanding of epic, story, and task level sizing and planning activities.
- Innovative ideas to reduce overall cost of deliverables with improved quality and time to market
- Proven experience influencing business and technology leadership through effective negotiation
- Must have excellent professional written, verbal, and presentation, communications skills.
- Proven knowledge of estimation processes including high level and detailed estimation techniques (feature, cost, etc).
- Ability and drive to learn new technologies quickly through self-study.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications, proven ability to develop and deliver presentations geared for Executive Management
Required Education Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or relevant industry experience. Company Overview “We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen! “It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services, and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member, you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true. Additional InformationThis position is with the legal entity of Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, an equal opportunity employer.