Lead Business Analyst- Process Improvement- Lean Six Sigma or DMAIC
The process improvement analyst reports into the manager, project management process to apply process improvement and best practice principles to design and propose new or revised processes to achieve key business objectives across the organization in a more efficient and effective way.
ResponsibilitiesThe successful candidate will develop a productive partnership with technology product owners, business stakeholders, and technical team members and serve as a consultant to client teams by evaluating, planning and implementing process improvements in business process and practices. The candidate will guide the development and/or revision of these processes based upon the Six Sigma and Lean principles in partnership with key business stakeholders.
- Analyzes/evaluates existing business processes and identifies process efficiency and effectiveness improvement opportunities such as bottlenecks, risks, duplicate activities, compliance to internal control requirements (when applicable), and supports process improvement activities.
- Understand as-is processes and prepares to-be process flows
- Responsible for analysis, facilitation, reporting, and providing recommendations for process improvements, improving quality, optimizing costs, and establishing appropriate process metrics and process controls.
- Lead/Facilitate business partner workshops and discovery sessions based on Lean Six Sigma Green Belt principles to analyze processes and drive outcomes and decisions
- Constructs process flow diagrams that that capture end-to-end business processes and demonstrate the inputs, outputs of a process and illustrate the various process activities and their interrelationship.
- Work with process owners and stakeholders to design a future-state business process that is better suited to the goals of the particular program or initiative
- Defines, develops, and evaluates performance metrics to establish process success. Works with multiple stakeholders, often with competing/conflicting objectives, to ensure cohesive and reachable measures of success. Reviews data post- implementation to measure success; participates in defining standards of improvement success.
- Write functional design documents at a very detailed level that would allow a new user or to fully understand the business process
- Demonstrates strong communication and presentation skills in meetings, facilitated sessions, and senior leadership presentations.
- Builds partnerships, based on trust and transparency, with business units to understand and document business needs/requirements
- Participates in and may lead change management activities associated with process improvement. Engages leadership and other departments to obtain support and buy-in for changes. Partners with management, project champions, and process owners to align process improvement initiatives with business objectives. Researches best practices and prepares recommendation on appropriate solutions where applicable.
- 7+ years of experience as an Analyst with 3+ years focusing on process re-engineering projects that involved business process change, organizational change management, and multiple large-scale components ideally in a technology environment
- Strong process improvement experience required; Lean Six Sigma or other applicable DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) experience preferred
- Experience working in a mixed methodology environment (Agile / waterfall / hybrid)
- Understanding of the software development life cycle
- Ability to interact effectively with various levels within the organization
- Proven track record for explaining a process to both leadership and developers
- Experience capturing complex requirements to meet business objectives
- Proficient in functional design documentation
- Proven experience in project change management
- Excellent communication, facilitation, teamwork and presentation skills
- Strong decision-making ability
Required Education Bachelor’s degree in business or higher from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience Preferred Education
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP®)
- Experience with CA PPM
- Experience with SAP financial systems
- Agile certifications such as CSP (Scrum Alliance), PSM II (Scrum.org) or SPC4 (Scaled Agile Academy).