IT Department Controller
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The IT Department Controller is responsible for managing the financial aspects of a department, and monitoring departmental expenditures to ensure that departmental activities are completed within budgetary constraints. The IT Department Controller prepares and provides department budgets and forecasts, working closely with leadership. The IT Department Controller maintains budget tracking tools, tracks invoices and billings, manages fee structures, and forecasts potential gains and losses. Responsibilities
- Oversees finance / budget responsibilities for a single department.
- Analyzes, measures and recognizes the financial impact of various departmental actions.
- Participates in analyzing and using financial data to identify key issues.
- Assists department leadership with the budgeting cycle and the monitoring of budgets.
- Prepares and provides department budgets and forecasts.
- Maintains budget tracking tools and monitors budget expenditures.
- Maintains resource model and create rate / volume analysis
- Manages fee structures.
- Forecasts potential gains and losses.
- Create ad hoc analysis and reporting
- Maintain monthly variance reporting
- Create Executive level monthly forecast review presentations
- Ability to data mine SAP for ad hoc analysis
- Assists in preparing timely periodic financial statements summarizing department’s financial status.
- At least two years’ relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of accounting principles with extensive understanding of establishing, documenting, and tracking budgets.
- Knowledge of SAP financials (R3 & BW)
- Basic knowledge of the Project Management Institute (PMI) project lifecycle.
- Management experience or project management experience.
- Four-year degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or similar field or related work experience.
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.