Industrial Engineering Consultant Manager
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
This role in Industrial Engineering leads, coaches and develops a team of 1-3 Industrial Engineering Cast Members, including Industrial Engineers and intern(s), to provide analytical decision making for Walt Disney World.
- This leadership position initiates engagements with clients and strategic partners to proactively identify improvement opportunities as well as inform development of new business opportunities, particularly in the areas of operational planning support, capacity/demand analyses for new projects and productivity/process improvement opportunities.
- This role applies comprehensive knowledge of industrial engineering and consulting in order to ensure utilization of appropriate methodological approach, measurements, tools, and quantitative techniques (e.g. computer simulation, statistics, process flow analysis, etc.).
- This function often calls for the derivation and application of new or unique analytical approaches. Additional responsibilities include actively collaborating with IE management team members to develop, communicate, and deliver upon a departmental strategic plan.
- At least 4 years of applied industrial engineering or equivalent experience (e.g, management consulting)
- Demonstrated leadership ability and/or previous managerial experience including strong coaching/mentoring skills
- Strong strategic orientation/critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to partner with others and deal with multiple priorities and differing points of view in a challenging operational environment
- Demonstrated superior analytical ability and creative problem solving skills
- Demonstrated superior conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under changing conditions
- Demonstrated strong project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and lead complex, cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven strong PC skills including spreadsheets, databases, and presentation graphics software
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience performing operational analyses for theme parks, resorts, retail/dining/entertainment venues, etc.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with other functional teams and operational leaders to successfully implement key initiatives (e.g. Marketing/Sales, Theme Park and Resort Operations, Support Services, Finance, and Human Resources)
- Leadership experience in management consulting or continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Management Science, or equivalent degree
- Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, or Business Administration or equivalent
Additional Information©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.