Graphic Design Intern, Industrial Engineering, FL, Summer/Fall 2018
Graphic Design Intern, Disney Industrial Engineering- Florida, Summer/Fall 2018
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
We are looking for an experienced individual with an innovative mind-set and a passion for quality and creativity. We are seeking a passionate individual who will ensure that the Disney standards are reflected consistently in all creative materials.
ResponsibilitiesThis individual will work closely with Engineers to develop media-rich collateral (print and digital) which will support presentation needs.
Make an impact by…
- Designing and revising digital collateral such as visual branding, illustrations, banners, presentations, posters, event graphics, and other materials.
- Demonstrating a working knowledge of composition and layout, color, typeface selection, and other fundamentals of design
- Coordinating asset storage, cleanup, and file preparation
- Managing projects from concept to completion with leader
Basic QualificationsInspire transformation through…
- Contributing with your proficient knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite 6 (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat Pro), Microsoft Office (emphasis on PowerPoint), and Apple Keynote
- Shaping the employee experience with your expertise in logo design, layout, presentation design, color, illustration, and typography
- Having knowledge of both PC and Mac environments
- Using your knowledge of file formats and specifications in preparation for printing versus web
- Previous Disney working experience preferred
- Minimum one year experience in Graphic Design practice, or one or more years in a professional internship is preferred
Required Education Junior, Senior or Graduate level student pursing a Bachelor's degree in Graphic Arts, Visual Arts or related field Or a recent graduate, within 6 months, with a Bachelor's degree in Graphic Arts, Visual Arts or related field Company Overview The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world. Additional InformationMaterials Required:
- **An electronic online portfolio is required as part of this application process. This portfolio must be included as a URL link listed on your resume, any other portfolio submissions will not be considered.**
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 - January 2019.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.