Garment Cutter- Full-Time/Part-Time, Walt Disney World
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
ResponsibilitiesWalt Disney Entertainment is seeking applicants for Creative Costuming Workroom positions. Candidates should have experience in cutting custom garments using different types of cutting equipment. Require experience with press equipment. Basic Qualifications
- Flexible scheduling availability including first and second shifts, third shift if applicable, weekends, holidays, overtime and double shifts
- Full-Time roles require SEVEN (7) days of FULL AVAILABILITY. Part-Time roles require a minimum of THREE (3) days of FULL AVAILABILITY is required in order to be considered for this opportunity
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to work with all types of fibers and furs
- Perform minor maintenance on cutting equipment.
- Push, pull, lift and/or carry a minimum of 40 lbs., including overhead
- Able to climb ladders, stairs and work in various elevations
- Stand throughout the duration of shift
- Work for extended periods of high activity
- Comfortable working in an area where may be exposed to performers in various stages of dress/undress
- Proven communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable for all business needs
- Demonstrated positive, friendly and helpful behaviors
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Accurately bundle and mark all cut work with pattern pieces
- Prepare fabric for cutting using patterns and markers
- Knowledge of cutting techniques and terminology
- Comfort with using power cutting equipment
- Two years' experience in garment construction
Additional Information©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.
KEYWORD: WDWCasting, Costuming