Exercise Coordinator Internship - Fall 2018
Exercise Coordinator Internship Fall 2018
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Mickey's Cast Center Fitness who offer a safe and effective exercise program for all Cast Members, Crew Members, Imagineers and retirees as well as spouses, domestic partners and children over the age of 18. Exercise Coordinators are available to provide comfortable and valuable exercise instruction. Our goal is to instruct and monitor members on the proper fitness guidelines for cardiovascular, strength, and flexibility principles. The daily group exercise classes are an added benefit for our members.
ResponsibilitiesBe a part of a transformative team and culture…
- Membership Services:
- Opening and closing responsibilities of Mickey's Cast Center Fitness
- Providing tours, and discuss membership option to potential members
- Compiling of membership data
- Maintaining the monthly newsletter with accurate and timely information
- Implementing and designing of proper exercise routines
- Conducting physiological assessments and orientations to fitness members
- Personal training and/or teaching exercise classes
- Communicating member/client concerns, facility issues, or program issues with management
- Support Overall Wellness Initiatives:
- Facilitating health lectures, health fairs and expos
- Facilitating special activities or events as needed
- Assisting with special sports league development
- Developing educational material
Basic QualificationsThese are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for this position:
- Current Junior or Senior pursuing degree in Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, Health Promotion or closely related field
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- CPR and AED
- Personal Trainer or group exercise certification
- Previous fitness center experience
- Prior Disney work experience
The Walt Disney Company is a global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is in the required title format: FirstNameLastNameType (i.e. MickeyMouseTranscript)
Select document type
If you experience any difficulty with uploading documents, please e-mail WDPR.Professional.Interns@disney.com
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR have graduated from college within the past six months OR be currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through January 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.