Engineering Cyber Lab Internship: Fall 2018
Engineering Cyber Lab Internship: Fall 2018
"We make magic." That's our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you'll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
As a member of the Facilities & Operations Services team, you will help to engineer the magic. You will be part of a team that works each day to design, build, service and maintain a level of service that exceeds our client and guest expectations.
As part of the Design & Engineering Cyber Lab, you will help secure the magic. You will be part of a team focused on the security and well-bring of our attractions. Your team's responsibilities may include:
- Provide support for new and existing attractions through the introduction of test lab resources in support and developmental processes
- Provide support for real-time cyber security testing and validation by implementing a ready to go lab and test environment
- Maintain the lab environment with an engineering discipline, being aware of support issues such as network topography, system services, electrical and HVAC dependencies
- Implement advanced testing resources and processes current and existing projects can easily leverage
- Leverage DevOps techniques to rapidly reallocate hardware and services to serve multiple projects as well as rapidly simulate both current and future configurations
- Schedule and coordinate various project test efforts to prevent not only time and resource clash, but to ensure isolation of secondary affects
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring to the Role:
- Cumulative overall GPA of 3.0 or higher (Note: No rounding.)
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office skills (esp. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Availability to work various shifts commensurate with project requirements
- Successful completion of the Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Successful completion of the Engineering Professional Development Studies class at Disney
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree or Post Graduate degree at an accredited 4 year college or university majoring in an Engineering related major including: Cyber Security, Secure Computing and Networks, Industrial Engineering, Quality Engineering, DevOps Engineering and Systems Engineering
- Junior, Senior or Graduate student status by arrival date
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must not have already completed one consecutive year of employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must possess a valid US driver's license
- Must be compliant with The Disney Look
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Location of position: This position has opportunities in Lake Buena Vista, FL
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 - December 2018. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Application Deadline: The deadline to apply for this internship is February 16, 2018.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed on February 16, 2018.
College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Upload Résumé”
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcript)
- Select document type of “Other”