Culinary Cook 1 (Advanced Line Cook)-Full Time-$1000 Hiring Bonus
The Culinary team at Walt Disney World® Resort creates unforgettable dining experiences for guests from around the world. Here, you can use your skills in our fast-paced environment in areas ranging from catering to fine dining, and pastry to special events. No matter your role, you’ll work alongside world-renowned Chefs to take any dining occasion or celebration to the next level.
Culinary roles receive a starting rate of $12.95 to $13.21/hour.
New Hire Bonus Incentive
To be eligible for the sign-on bonus, cast members must be in the position continuously for at least 30 days after hire and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at time of payment. A cast member is hired after the successful completion of Disney Traditions or one full day of employment. To be eligible for an incentive bonus after 90 days, cast members must remain employed in the position continuously for at least 90 days and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at the time of payment. Payments will be made approximately two weeks after the 30 and 90-day milestones, respectively. Bonus payments are subject to applicable taxes and other legal withholding. Disputes concerning eligibility to a bonus payment shall be resolved by Walt Disney World Recruitment in its sole and absolute discretion. The incentives offered herein are subject to change at any time, with or without notice. ResponsibilitiesThe Walt Disney World® Resort is searching for a talented Advanced Line Cook who’s looking to push themselves to the next level in their career with our advanced culinary team.
Picture yourself as an Advanced Line Cook where you would have the opportunity to:
- Provide first-rate dining experiences while working for one of the world’s leading entertainment and hospitality companies
- Grow in your craft through continual learning and development alongside our advanced culinary team with years of experience in the industry
- Help generate dishes from scratch for a variety of locations throughout property from quick service to fine dining
- Work in a high-volume, fast-paced environment where collaboration is essential to success
Basic QualificationsRecipe for Success
- Show strong attention-to-detail, organizational, retention and problem-solving skills even while working under a sense of urgency and with quality ingredients
- Ability to operate effectively as part of a team and communicate clearly to ensure smooth service operations and quality service
- Proven knowledge of HACCP, proper food handling techniques, temperatures and food safety
- Must have superior culinary, food production and high standards of excellence, including the ability to work cleanly, safely and efficiently
- Possess proficiency in all stations of the line, including grill and sauté, as well as skills with knives, tools and kitchen equipment
- Demonstrates the ability to follow recipes and an understanding of recipe conversion
- Awareness of modern and classical cooking, including specialized culinary techniques and measurements, and possess the ability to propose menu items
- Knowledge of basic butchering, food allergies, seasonal ingredients and menus
- Have a minimum 3 years of line cook experience or culinary certification plus 2 years of line cook experience at a table service establishment - Fine Dining experience is a plus, but not required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Preferred QualificationsHow to Rise Above the Rest
- Bilingual preferred
- H.A.C.C.P. (food safety training) certified
Our Winning Combination
The Walt Disney Company offers a comprehensive total rewards package inclusive of:
- Complimentary theme park admission
- Cast-exclusive offerings and events
- Discounts at select merchandise, dining and recreation locations
- Laundered chef whites and shoes
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Vacation, Holiday, and Sick Pay
Additional InformationSCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.
KEYWORD: WDW Casting, WDWCASTING, Advanced Line Cook, Culinary, Cook