Control Systems, Hardware Engineer – Attractions and Animatronics
Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of Disney’s Parks and Resorts business segment. Representing more than 150 disciplines, its talented corps of Imagineers are responsible for the creation of Disney resorts, theme parks and attractions, hotels, water parks, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, cruise ships and new media technology projects.
This position will perform show control hardware design related to attractions.
Responsibilities• Designs industrial control systems for an entertainment environment
• Translates functional requirements into design requirements
• Follows department standards and procedures.
• Review and authorize for release detailed top level, layout and design drawings of electronic subsystems.
• Develop risk analysis and inform management, as required.
• Leads control systems design and integration
• Communication with project teams, park maintenance, park operations and creative representatives
• Identify and collect vendor electronic equipment specifications.
• Resolve design conflicts and revise electronic element requirements
• Identify, collect, specify and document show interface requirements for utilities including electrical power and equipment cooling/heating loads.
• Verify electronic equipment installation against drawings and requirements.
• Direct designers in the preparation of detailed electronic equipment drawings.
• Insure the checking of detailed electronic equipment drawings.
• Troubleshooting of first article assembly problems as required.
• Troubleshoot and resolve installation conflicts, interferences and other problems.
• Finalize detailed interface requirements between controls and ride, mechanical, lighting and audio/video elements.
• Review specifications, scopes of works, Test and Adjust plans and procedures.
• Review final electronic contractor documentation and review as-built drawings.
• Review and execute final electronic Test and Adjust and acceptance testing documentation against deliverables.
• Review vendor manufacturing and quality documentation against contract technical requirements.
• Verify electronic performance against requirements.
• Ensure show System deliverables are met.
• Provide contractor support and verification of first article assembly and bench testing, as required.
• Support show system operator and maintenance training.
• Must be able to travel to all sites, as required, for periods of one to six weeks or more.
Basic Qualifications3 years of more in related field plus Five (5) years relevant experience in lieu of engineering degree or two (2) years relevant experience with an Engineering Technology degree.
• System Integration
• Scheduling Methods / Experience
• Estimating Methods / Experience
• PLC programming (desired)
• Manage & Supplement Vendor
• Creative Translator - clean sheet design
• Field Integration (Test & Adjust)
• Engineering Analysis & Simulation
• Disney Show Control Sys. Arch.
• UL / NEC / ASTM
BS Electrical/Electronic/Computer Engineering, MS preferred
Desire a State Professional Engineering License in Electrical
To learn about the innovative work our Imagineers do, check out the following videos:
Humanoid Robot Additional Information©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.