Assistant Housekeeping Director
Picture yourself…Leading a housekeeping team of salaried direct reports and hourly Cast Members in the execution of processes and procedures to exceed Guest expectations and to deliver consistent cleanliness and high quality Guest Service
At Disney, we are storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this by creating a remarkable and memorable guest experience that starts with making each guest feel at home at our resorts. Our goal is to create the most compelling and unique resort experience, delivering on guest wishes and creating an experience so enticing, guests choose to visit even when they are not going to the Parks. The Assistant Housekeeping Director provides day-to-day leadership to the housekeeping function under the direction of the Housekeeping Director. This leader inspires a multicultural and multilingual team and fosters an environment focused on safety and cleanliness. Additionally the this leader assists the Housekeeping Director in driving a vision for the operation which helps connects the housekeeping function to the overall Guest experience.
Now is your chance to join our talented cast and create magical moments for our guests who visit from around the world.
- Lead a team of salaried direct reports and hourly Cast Members in the execution of processes and procedures to exceed Guest expectations and to deliver consistent cleanliness and high quality Guest Service
- Conduct quality checks on rooms and common areas to ensure an excellent guest experience and to identify areas to coach/mentor the team
- Responsible to ensure daily pre-shift meetings are conducted as well as personally conducting daily briefings meetings to communicate relevant Guest, Cast or business information in a timely manner
- Coordinate and execute local projects, monitoring operational impact, readiness and schedules while balancing competing priorities and unplanned day-to-day situations. Attend grievance hearings with collective bargaining units and union business agents if Housekeeping Director is not available.
- Foster an environment supporting the delivery of the Four Keys Basics (safety, courtesy, show and efficiency), 4 E's (empowered leaders, engaged Cast, exceptional service and evolved product) and models the Disney Leader Basics.
- Make day-to-day operational decisions that benefit Guests, Cast Members and the business.
What We’re Looking for:
- 3-5 years of experience in Housekeeping or Custodial
- Demonstrated strong partnering and Guest Service skills
- Demonstrated coaching and leadership skills
- Proven experience and strong understanding of working in a union environment
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude with the ability to serve as a role model for performance excellence
- Demonstrated follow-through skills and attention to details
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflict/resolution
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Able to lift 17 pounds and push/pull up to 85 pounds
- Able to bend, flex and walk for extended periods of time
- Knowledge of chemicals, materials, cleaning technique and equipment
- Computer proficiency within a Windows environment and willingness to learn new software applications
- High School degree or equivalent
How to Stand Out:
- Experience using Room Expeditor/Optimization tools such as REX, HotSOS, etc.
- Multilingual skills desired particularly in Spanish and/or Haitian Creole
- Associates Degree in Hotel & Restaurant Management and/or related experience
Additional Information©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.