Animal Programs - Veterinary Hospital Internship - Fall 2018
Veterinary Hospital Internship – Fall 2018
Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Be a part of a transformative team and culture…
You will make an impact by being a part of our veterinary hospital setting where you will have the opportunity to provide patient care, keep accurate records and develop relationships with our staff of keepers, technicians and veterinarians.
- Receive all wildlife cases that come to the veterinary hospital from the Walt Disney World® Resort property while providing necessary care as directed by the animal care staff and veterinarians
- Support the hospital operation by monitoring stock/supplies, cleaning/packing/sterilizing instruments and assisting with sample preparation and related laboratory paperwork
- Animal transport to rehabilitation facilities as needed
- Inspire our guests in the on-show veterinary treatment window daily
- Minimum of six months experience at a veterinary clinic, including both medicating and restraining animals - Should exceed 480 hours total of hands on experience
- Minimum of six months experience at a wildlife rehabilitation facility, including both medicating and restraining animals - Should exceed 480 hours total of hands on experience
- Proven leadership experience in a classroom, work, volunteer environment, or related
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Operating a company vehicle is required for this role. Candidate must be willing and able to operate a company vehicle under inclement weather, including minimal lighting
- Comfortable with public speaking, and presenting to small groups
- Junior, senior or recent college graduate, undergrad level only
- Biology, Zoology, Animal Science, Life Science or related major
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0
Company Overview The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world. Additional Information
• Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
• College transcripts (official or unofficial)
To upload these documents:
• Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
• Click the link labeled “edit profile info”
• Click on the "Attachments" Tab
• Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcripts or Mickey_Mouse_CoverLetter)
• Select document type of “Other”
If you experience any difficulty with uploading documents, please e-mail email@example.com.
• Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must provide full work availability
• Must provide own transportation to/from work
• Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 - January 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.