Animal Programs-Conservation Education Presenter Internship- Fall 2018
Conservation Education Presenter Internship – Fall 2018
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Be a part of a transformative team and culture…
As a Conservation Education Presenter at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, you will inspire future generations to take action. As part of a high-energy, fast-paced front-line team you will engage with Guests of all ages as they discover the magic of nature.
- Actively invite Guests to connect with animals and conservation topics at Wilderness Explorer Troop Leader locations and select animal habitats throughout the park
- Empower thousands of Guests to positively impact wildlife and take conservation action
- Share natural history and animal behavior information using fun and engaging interpretive techniques
- No direct animal contact takes place in this role.
- Personal passion for wildlife conservation, as well as a passion for sharing insight and knowledge of wildlife conservation with others
- Demonstrated strong conservation and environmental knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills including previous experience working with children and families
- Knowledge and passion for sharing science-related information in a learning environment (classroom, zoo, aquarium, museum, camp, nature center, etc.)
- Ability to regularly work weekends and holidays, outdoors for 6+ hours per day, and in all weather conditions including extreme heat and rain
Preferred QualificationsThe Intern’s preferred qualifications include:
- Proven ability to work as part of a high performance team and in a feedback-rich environment
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and critical thinking skills
- Ability to speak more than one language
- Required Education:
- Currently enrolled in a college/university or recent college graduate
- Life or Environmental Sciences, Environmental Policy, Biology, Zoology, Education, Recreation, Communications or related major
- Minimum grade point average of 2.0
Company Overview The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world. Additional Information
• Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
• College transcripts (official or unofficial)
To upload these documents:
• Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
• Click the link labeled “edit profile info”
• Click on the "Attachments" Tab
• Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcripts or Mickey_Mouse_CoverLetter)
• Select document type of “Other”
If you experience any difficulty with uploading documents, please e-mail email@example.com.
• Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must provide full work availability
• Must provide own transportation to/from work
• Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 - January 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.