Animal Programs - Behavior and Technology Internship - Fall 2018
Behavior and Technology Internship – Fall 2018
Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Be a part of a transformative team and culture…
Make a difference in animals’ lives using a science-based approach to animal care using technology to promote sensory environments. Make an impact by…
- Assisting in ambient environmental measurement and analysis including data processing and report creation
- Utilizing mapping technologies , such as GIS, audio-visual media, 3D printing, and sound recording equipment
- Assisting in scientific literature searches and internet-based searches related to animal welfare
- Engage park guests about our work relating to animal care and conservation
- No direct animal contact takes place in this role.
Basic QualificationsWhat You Bring to the Role:
- Minimum of three months experience working in an established animal behavior research program
- Experience engaging the public in a formal or informal setting (i.e., zoo, aquarium, museum, science center or classroom)
- Valid US driver’s license (operating a company vehicle may be required in this role).
- Experience working or volunteering in an AZA-accredited zoo or aquarium
Preferred QualificationsThe Intern’s preferred qualifications include:
- Knowledge or experience in the field of animal welfare science
- Experience with ambient environmental measurement (e.g., sound, light, vibration)
- Experience with GIS mapping
- Experience using multimedia technologies (e.g., Photoshop, 3D Printer, Illustrator, iMovie)
- Previous Disney work experience
- Senior or recent college graduate, or masters level student
- Biology, zoology, psychology or related major
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0
Company Overview The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world. Additional Information
• Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
• College transcripts (official or unofficial)
To upload these documents:
• Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
• Click the link labeled “edit profile info”
• Click on the "Attachments" Tab
• Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcripts or Mickey_Mouse_CoverLetter)
• Select document type of “Other”
If you experience any difficulty with uploading documents, please e-mail email@example.com.
• Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must provide full work availability
• Must provide own transportation to/from work
• Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 - January 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.