Animal Programs - Aquarium & Marine Biology Internship - Fall 2018
Aquarium & Marine Biology Internship – Fall 2018
The Seas with Nemo & Friends® Pavilion at Epcot®
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Be a part of a transformative team and culture…
In our Aquarium/Marine Biology Internship, be part of a team where you will gain practical, hands-on experience used in the day-to-day care of aquatic animals (non-marine mammals) exhibited in a public setting.
- Prepare daily diets for aquarium fish, sea turtles, and invertebrates.
- Learn husbandry techniques for a variety of fish, including ray and shark species.
- Assist with maintenance of life support systems and animal care for a series of smaller exhibits featuring fish, corals, and other invertebrates
- Become familiar with records on feeding, necropsies, animal training, and water chemistries for monitoring optimal aquarium system health.
- Maintain cleanliness of all areas according to USDA standards.
- Make an impact by sharing conservation messages with guests through daily presentations
Basic Qualifications What You Bring to the Role:
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
- Prior experience (paid, internship, classroom, or volunteer) in aquatic animal care (primarily with fish and invertebrates), including diet preparation, feeding, and cleaning
- Prior experience (paid, internship, classroom, or volunteer) working with aquarium systems, including tank maintenance, plumbing, and water quality control
- Must have a valid U.S. Driver's License
- Operating a company vehicle may be required for this role. Candidate must be willing and able to operate a company vehicle under inclement weather, including minimal lighting
- SCUBA certification is required at the time of application. Applicants must currently have a SCUBA certification card when applying for the internship. We cannot accept applicants that are currently in SCUBA class or are planning on completing it after application submission.
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0
- Junior, senior or recent college graduate focused on Undergrad Degree
- Biology, Marine Biology, Marine Education, Zoology or related major
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world. Additional InformationRequired Materials WITHIN 48 HOURS OF APPLICATION SUBMISSION:
• Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
• College transcripts (official or unofficial)
* Please attach a copy of your SCUBA Certification Card front and back
To upload these documents:
• Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
• Click the link labeled “edit profile info”
• Click on the "Attachments" Tab
• Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcripts or Mickey_Mouse_CoverLetter)
• Select document type of “Other”
If you experience any difficulty with uploading documents, please e-mail email@example.com.
• Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must provide full work availability
• Must provide own transportation to/from work
• Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 - January 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.