Animal Programs - Aquaculture Internship - Fall 2018
Aquaculture Internship - Fall 2018
The Land Pavilion at Epcot®
We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Be a part of a transformative team and culture…
The Aquaculture Disney Professional Interns maintain a 20,000-gallon freshwater re-circulating aquaculture facility used to educate guests about agricultural techniques. Species cultured include hybrid striped bass, channel catfish, tilapia, sturgeon, freshwater prawn and American eel.
- Lead daily informative and interactive guest tours through the greenhouses, labs and the aquaculture facility.
- Assist with maintenance of life support systems
- Coordinate and perform fish husbandry activities (i.e. feeding, harvesting, tank cleaning, behavioral observations, fish handling) for the aquaculture systems.
- Collect and record data on feeding records, necropsies and water chemistries.
- Perform and analyze water chemistries.
- Working knowledge of water quality monitoring techniques and animal husbandry skills
- Public speaking experience
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
- Minimum of three months aquatic animal husbandry experience or completed college courses in fisheries biology/aquaculture
- A valid driver's license
- Operating a company vehicle is required for this role. Candidate must be willing and able to operate a company vehicle under inclement weather, including minimal lighting
- Sophomore, junior, senior, or recent college graduate
- Aquaculture, Marine Science, Biology, Animal Science or related major
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0
Company Overview The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world. Additional Information
• Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
• College transcripts (official or unofficial)
To upload these documents:
• Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
• Click the link labeled “edit profile info”
• Click on the "Attachments" Tab
• Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcripts or Mickey_Mouse_CoverLetter)
• Select document type of “Other”
If you experience any difficulty with uploading documents, please e-mail email@example.com.
• Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must provide full work availability
• Must provide own transportation to/from work
• Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 - January 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.