At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Technical Director Disney Parks Live Entertainment is responsible for leading technical production efforts related to the development of live entertainment shows and product offerings, including parades, stage shows and special events for Worldwide Disney Parks and Resorts locations. Responsibilities
- The Technical Director will lead technical production efforts on projects related to the development of parades and/or stage shows, and special events for Worldwide Disney Parks and Resorts locations and is engaged on an as-needed, project-driven basis.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to participation in creative development and coordinating/partnering with local and government authorities responsible for legal code compliance, including safety, engineering, permitting and ADA.
- Duties include coordinating bid processes and vendor selections with contracts and procurement, and managing vendor efforts including design development, construction and interaction with other party’s fabrication, shipping, installation and buy-off.
- The Technical Director supports/consults on maintenance, design/mounts of new shows and provide ongoing ESQ evaluations as part of implementation and operational planning and maintains project files, tech logs, design documents, bid packages, schedules and punch lists.
- As a leader for crew, and technical/production planners, the Technical Director provides leadership and functions as a mentor/developer and promotes Company-wide standards and efficiencies.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Technical Theater or Themed Live Show Entertainment
- Proven knowledge and understanding of the operation and artistic application of a wide variety of show systems and technology, including audio, special effects, puppets, lighting, show control systems, facilities and rigging
- Demonstrated knowledge and familiarity with entertainment industry state-of-the-art technologies
- Proven experience with facility design, engineering, and construction
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to express creative ideas
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize, and able to meet deadlines
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and decision-making skills, often under pressure
- Demonstrated leadership, partnering and strategic planning skills
- Highly motivated requiring minimal direction and follow up
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally frequently and for extended periods of time
- Strong computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, AutoCAD)
- Proven ability to support the creative process by collaborating with other designers, directors, writers, and producers
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays and travel
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in international live show development
- Proven business management experience
- Proven knowledge and proficiency in some or all of the following engineering disciplines: structural, mechanical, electrical, software, safety
- Bi-lingual English/French and/or English/Mandarin a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Theater or equivalent with focus on technical design, construction and production
- MS or MA in Technical Theater or equivalent with focus on technical design, construction and production
Additional Information©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.