Store Design Manager
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
We are seeking a leader to serve as the Store Design Manager. This role will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of all new store locations, redesigns & rehabs, special projects and new retail initiatives within Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. This leader will have accountability for ensuring projects are within the approved budgets, meet scheduled completion dates and adhere to Disney’s expectations of quality and excellence. This role will be the primary contact for external architectural firms for all store design projects, and will also work closely with internal business partners including but not limited to Site Operations, Facility Asset Management, and Walt Disney Imagineering. Responsibilities
- Manage the store design process from development through execution, as well as supporting the entire process, for multiple store design projects, including concept, management of external architectural firms, providing finish and fixture specifications
- Develop external architectural firm program and processes that aligns with current business needs
- Strong understanding of Visual Merchandising / Merchandising required, ensuring store design and product presentation is seamless
- Provide leadership of retail, environmental and industry trends
- Develop and maintain brand guidelines for core footprint – fixture specs and colors, décor elements, floor plan and layouts – to ensure assets are appropriately updated
- Support the capital plan for construction projects to include detailed work plans, schedules and project forecasts
- Drive complex strategic planning and business development. Acts as the liaison between merchandise, operations, FAM and WDI.
- Responsible for ensuring the layout/design of a retail store meets prescribed requirements. Review and modify vendor shop drawings to ensure compliance with design intent and Disney quality standards.
- Onboard and train new Store Designer cast members
- Support vendor relationships, contracts and accountability with multiple external consultants and vendors. Develop and recommend cost optimization and savings opportunities
- Organize and lead business critical meetings for the purpose of coordinating/managing the roll out program
- Communicates timely and effectively with Director – Store Design regarding critical and relevant matters to the program
- Demonstrated ability to effectively convey ideas and concepts graphically. 3DStudio and Autocad knowledge.
- Strong understanding of the architecture of retail stores, as well as store build out process, from inception to closeout
- Demonstrated ability to operate in an ambiguous and rapidly changing work environment
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster relationships with cross functional partners and a diverse set of stakeholders, lead in a collaborative style as well as communicate in an engaging impactful manner
- 8+ years Retail Store Design leadership experience
- Deep knowledge of store design, branding and presentation strategies/concepts; understanding of how each affects the customer experience
- Knowledge in development of site plans, building plans, preliminary layouts, fixture plans, construction documents and specifications
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and lead complex, cross-functional teams
- Skilled at embedding creative thinking and appropriate risk-taking into organizational culture
- Must be willing and able to travel
- Bachelor’s degree of Interior Design, Industrial Design or Architecture
Additional Information©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.