We’re looking for a passionate, impactful, technical person who can be part of the team. The Ideal candidate will have a strong eye for detail on par with Disney’s high standards, coupled with a proactive solution oriented approach, someone who holds themselves accountable in a professional, collaborative manner.
The Platform Engineer, under minimal levels of supervision, conducts or facilitates the maintenance, administration, and support activities of moderate complexity, including software, platform, and configuration work. The Platform Engineer ensures 24/7 operational support and maintenance of operating systems, infrastructure and various underpinning services that provide platforms to support business capabilities. Including monitoring and maintaining platform and infrastructure as well as participating in day-to-day operations. The Platform Engineer participates in day-to-day operations and supports planning, design, testing and implementation of platform(s). The Platform Engineer also monitors ongoing maintenance, enhancements, and automation of platform and infrastructure.
- Work independently and in concert with the team and Managed Service Providers to conduct day-to-day maintenance, administration of software platform(s) and configuration updates following established procedures.
- Identifies root causes of operational issues and resolves independently or through Managed Service partners.
- Collaborate closely with Business partners and Technology teams to achieve solutions to system challenges, including to plan for new projects and events, including capacity planning, monitoring, configuration, security, metrics, reporting and recovery and migration strategies.
- Provides support for multiple levels of testing prior to release of new and upgraded infrastructure, products, and/or services.
- Responsible for documentation, communication, and monitoring.
- Clearly communicate technical findings, issues and outcomes to other team members
- Have 3 -7 years of progressively related experience in Platform Engineering and/or software development and support
- Knowledge and understanding of technical architecture, application systems design and integration in a large heterogeneous enterprise environment.
- Experience with:
- Java and .Net
- SOA, Java/J2EE, XML, ProC, Pearl, HTML, PHP, JSP, open source,
- GIT, HP ALM, UC4,
- Middleware familiarity with Websphere/Weblogic/Apache TomCat , MQ
- Application Server, Rules Engine, and Oracle programming methodologies
- Working knowledge of both Oracle and Microsoft SQLServer Db’s
- Enterprise operating systems( Windows, Unix and Linux )
- Familiarity with Cloud Hosted services like Azure, AWS and VMWare
- Experience with:
- Proven ability to learn and apply new technologies
- Participates in the development of technical solutions for small scale projects.
- Strong communication skills and proven ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Experience working with vendor teams to deliver high quality results
- Knowledge of Supply chain and logistics systems
- Knowledge of Oracle Retail suite
Required Education Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, or another technical field